Correct. Just walk in and show them the new toy. Works for me all the time. Make sure it's a corp store they tend to be a bit nicer.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
Correct. Just walk in and show them the new toy. Works for me all the time. Make sure it's a corp store they tend to be a bit nicer.
Why wouldn't you want to be on T-Mobile's $50 all in pay as you go plan? They also give you a free micro sim if you 'trade-in' your regular one. I'm on T-Mo and I have to say, they are great. My N9 likes it

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Why wouldn't you want to be on T-Mobile's $50 all in pay as you go plan? They also give you a free micro sim if you 'trade-in' your regular one. I'm on T-Mo and I have to say, they are great. My N9 likes it
You can do on better on the $30, 100 Min Unlimited Text and Data plan on T-Mobile PrePaid. But I am grandfathered in under AT&T's unlimited data. I keep it for the upcoming LTE.

cancel at&t and get yourself a microsim from straight talk for $15 you;ll cut your bills in a half, straighttalk offers $45 for unlimited talk, text and data.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
cancel at&t and get yourself a microsim from straight talk for $15 you;ll cut your bills in a half, straighttalk offers $45 for unlimited talk, text and data.
Early Termination Fees are the only reason I've yet to do this...

And T-Mobile has horrible coverage in my area unfortunately.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Do you know what the catch is on the unlimited? Charge, throttle or cut off? Knowing AT&T it's probably a charge over their limit =\

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
There are even cutting templates for printout on the internetz... no need for spending money here...
The cutter is less than US$5 shipped on ebay, I have cut a couple of micro sims using that (bought it in Hong Kong before it's widely available).
I'd rather sepnding 5 bucks to get it. Simple and easy, no guess work, no shaky hand, no possibility to cut yourself.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tromsų, Norway
Originally Posted by YavkatA View Post
I have an n9 and I am on Pay As You Go on AT&T. Just went to their office yesterday and they refused to issue a microSIM. They said they can only issue microsims if you have a contract. I tried cutting the SIM card myself, but it was not recognized by the phone. I ordered a cutter which should arrive in about 5 days, and I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I tried using a contract microSIM for an Iphone, and it works. It seems like the chip on the AT&T microsim and the AT&T pay as you go sim are slightly different in size - the pay as you go sim has a longer and slightly narrower chip. I really hope that when I cut it with the cutter, it will work. Otherwise, I'm screwed....
I was able to get one.... Try another store. Or tell them you're setting up a premier account for your iPhone over the phone and need the sim.. (Premier is the business account service)

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tromsų, Norway
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This is 100% wrong. Do research before stating anything this wrong.

@YavkatA - you need to go to a full-blown AT&T store. They normally do not have PAYG sim cards in stock, but the larger, official stores do.
Also... you don't need a specific "GoPhone" sim.... Regular AT&T sim (and micro sim) cards work well.

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
Do you know what the catch is on the unlimited? Charge, throttle or cut off? Knowing AT&T it's probably a charge over their limit =\
2GB is the safest point so far known, but there are users who claim to have 5GB+ in one billing cycle.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post: