G flex 2.. oh nice.

We might see a SONY Xperia Z4 at CES. Supposed to be a Z3 with a S810 SoC and perhaps a 1440p display.

We might even wee the rumored HTC One (M9), also supposed to have the S810 but is curiously sticking to the 1080p display. That should mean crazy battery life. If only HTC decides to make the device thinner (<9mm) and shave off those crazy bezels.

PS I finally bought the Kogan TV. I paid late Febuary 2014, was promised it would arrive in 4 weeks. It didn't arrive until Mid May, about 2.5 - 3 months later. It was great but had MAJOR problems. A lot of (and uneven) light bleeding in dark scenes. Very very low contrast (despite the spec sheet). 3D glasses wouldn't pair half the time. A lot of post-processing artifacts and crazy motion blur. Also a slow HDMI connector which was inducing lag on consoles. That was $1,250 in total, and a refund was applied for in May and issued/returned in June (at a loss of ~$90).

I ended up buying an LG 55LB6500 instead. Its 120Hz like the Kogan, but induces no artifacts or lag when watching sports or playing on the console. Its IPS display too. It also has light-bleeding, lot's to be honest, but its more uniform so its harder to notice in scenes. Brightness is good, contrast is great... thus HD quality is much better. 3D actually works (and passive). On top of this, the webOS user interface is quite great... and better than the "Android" implementation of the Kogan. Purchased it brand new with 5 year warranty. Was ~$1,500 but I snagged it for $1,100.... cheaper and better than the Kogan TV.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Kogan tv. Couldn't you guess all that before...Hulk Kogan TV

Anyway...you like LG. Their livestream :http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkQKIpOLzR4

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
Even My CRT TV habe been more then 11 year and never repair it. Its fine...

The Following User Says Thank You to irulestar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Same here. Shame it was an early version with a built-in DVB tuner and was made obsolete when the whole country switched to digital. What an irony. I replaced it with a modern LCD model and observed two thing: 1) HDTV is hugely overhyped. You need the screen the size of your entire living room wall (or the eyes of a hawk) to notice any difference. 2) Usability went downhill. When my old TV was off, pressing 5 on the remote switched it back on and switched to channel 5. My new TV from the same producer does not work like that, I need to turn it on first, wait a bit, and only then can I switch fhe channel.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Same here. Shame it was an early version with a built-in DVB tuner and was made obsolete when the whole country switched to digital. What an irony. I replaced it with a modern LCD model and observed two thing: 1) HDTV is hugely overhyped. You need the screen the size of your entire living room wall (or the eyes of a hawk) to notice any difference. 2) Usability went downhill. When my old TV was off, pressing 5 on the remote switched it back on and switched to channel 5. My new TV from the same producer does not work like that, I need to turn it on first, wait a bit, and only then can I switch fhe channel.
1) No no no. 60 inch is enough. Ultra HD is Cool. but if its really useful. naa, but cool

The biggest issue is that not everything is in UHD right now.

of course you can see the same movie with a tv from the 90s...But you will see the difference even if you are half blind.

Dave, he was talking about HD being useless, not UHD

UHD is really pointless below 70". Combined with the fact that there is almost zero content it's just money thrown out the window for the next 5 to 10 years.

Thats why I got a 65" 1080p TV in December. My Dad's 65" UHD TV looks worse, as it needs to upscale all content. He got it 1 week before I got mine and he didn't listen to my advice not getting an UHD. Marketing worked at it's best.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Dave, he was talking about HD being useless, not UHD

UHD is really pointless below 70". Combined with the fact that there is almost zero content it's just money thrown out the window for the next 5 to 10 years.

Thats why I got a 65" 1080p TV in December. My Dad's 65" UHD TV looks worse, as it needs to upscale all content. He got it 1 week before I got mine and he didn't listen to my advice not getting an UHD. Marketing worked at it's best.
It's not pointless. For every new cool resolution we are closing in to the next "cool thing" Super Ultra HD Deluxe.

Stop being such a "oldies", new stuff is useless. Its important even if its useless. You know about development and evolution, right?

just wait a year and your new android comes with ultra HD in a 5 inch screen

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-04 at 12:40.

It is pointless, unless you sit 1m away if less than 65" and that only with 4k content. It's even counterproductive if all my 1080p content gets blured while it's upscaled.

Remember the megapixel race of digital cameras?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
It is pointless, unless you sit 1m away if less than 65".

Remember the megapixel race of digital cameras?
MP are great if you want to resize the photo to redicules size so there is always use cases where its cool. but not really saying anything about the quality of the cam or photos.

Remember the computers that put the man on the moon.
http://www.computerweekly.com/featur...an-on-the-moon

They where not that powerful but made the job. Today... the computer would do the same thing just faster, more things at the same time and so forth.

however, Its not really needed to get the job done. But it's just "better". Its just "more".

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-04 at 12:55.

More ist not always better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post: