Hello,
I am facing the following problem. After replacement of my old D-link wifi router (WPA) with a new one (WPA2), I am not able to connect to any of my email account via IMAP4 using Modest. However, I am able to connect to them with ssh from terminal.

OMWeather also cannot connect to the server ("Could not resolve the host").

All the other network functions are OK, e.g. WEB browsing, internet radio, gTalk and Skype including video, etc.

I am still on PR1.3.1.

Many thanks for any hints or suggestions.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by Olda View Post
Hello,
I am facing the following problem. After replacement of my old D-link wifi router (WPA) with a new one (WPA2), I am not able to connect to any of my email account via IMAP4 using Modest. .
Maybe a suggestion....
Did you delete the 'old' connection at intenetconnections/connections on your device.
Now make a new connection with the WPA2 settings and new password
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Maybe Your new router limit some *outgoing* ports? It's very uncommon behavior, but who knows. Just check something lie DMZ (demilitarized zone) for Your device IP, and if, after that, everything works, disabe DMZ and start tinkering with ports.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Many thanks for all suggestions.
I have made several tests.

I deleted old wifi connections and made a new one (WPA2), however it did not help. I repeated it with WPA and even with Open wifi setting on router, again without any success.

With my laptop (Debian-Wheezy) connected through wifi (WPA2) to the router, I can connect to all of my email accounts without troubles using IMAP4.

At work, my n900 connected to Open wifi server or to Eduroam server works fine. At home, the troubles persist.