Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ New York
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I had a Maemo device before I had an Android device. And yet somehow, I use my Android device more frequently because it's consistently gotten better and added features and gathered vendor support in a much more expedited manner than Maemo and potentially MeeGo.

Simply put, I liked Maemo enough to join this forum, add guides how to optimize Diablo on the N810, resisted the N900 because of the backwards feeling decision to go with a smaller screen and basically silently launch the N900 with little to no fanfare.

Android became a favorite because of the lack of traction in Maemo.

I'd call it commiseration. I'd call what you're doing whining.

Nobody's dissed MeeGo as much as it's not came out despite a February of last year announcement and not much more. I'm still here because I'm still a Maemo fan.

Why the **** are you asking? Does it really matter what you think about why people are here? That's rather self-righteous of yourself.

I vote we stay here. Without input, positive and negative, nothing will never get better. Besides, people are here because they have expectations - most will never be met, some should.

Feel free to leave or learn some tolerance.
The words Tolerance and Condescending are one in the same, quite frankly I am tired of everyone comparing devices. Both devices are geared toward a certain market... stop trying to juxtapose

Originally Posted by robosaiyuk View Post
The words Tolerance and Condescending are one in the same, quite frankly I am tired of everyone comparing devices. Both devices are geared toward a certain market... stop trying to juxtapose
Yes, but you fail to understand most people only want one gagdet in their pockets/purses at any given time. Therefore, both the SGSII and N900 are firstly phones followed by whatever else function that is relevant to the user, thus they are competitors.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by robosaiyuk View Post
The words Tolerance and Condescending are one in the same.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ New York
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
first and foremost I consider the n900 a tablet with phone features
but that is up for debate I suppose.

I understand the need for the comparison, I was stating in the end both devices appeal to different users.

Also tolerance and being condescending is an extreme stance on the subject so rather in it's essence , no they are technically not the same words, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

theories are proven and dis-proven everyday

Last edited by robosaiyuk; 2011-11-14 at 17:52.

Tags
enjoying maemo, just shoot me, n900design wins, your mom blows