Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Is there a fix to the vignette issue?
I'm quite scared to reinstall fcam now after reflashed.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
vignette is still there for me, but on the positive side it hasnt impacted anything else (led, front view, etc etc all still work as normal)

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by silent tim View Post
vignette is still there for me, but on the positive side it hasnt impacted anything else (led, front view, etc etc all still work as normal)
Yeah but it's annoying when taking photo. All you see is this Vignette in the display, making the photo taking experience annoying.

Accidentally Updated to 1.0.6 Drivers

Having the same problem with the LED & Keyboard...Fcamera Crashes...It just wont open...

...Using Kernel40 btw...

What i did to fix this problem was:
1. Uninstall Fcamera
2. Purge the Fcam-driver
3. Reinstall fcam-drivers_1.0.5-1_armel.deb
4. reboot
5. Reinstall fcamera_0.1.3-1_armel.deb
7. reboot
8. Takeout & put in back battery (IF u dont take out Battery, u still wont get back your Keyboard lights & led)
9. Turn device on
10. Run Fcamera

Fcamera can run back as per normal...no loss of LED or Keyboard light...no worries on taking out batt or loss of Keyboard light...

Last edited by angelbratz; 2010-08-24 at 11:51.

guys ....
with
maemo-list-user-packages i discovered i have bunch of old "uninstalled" apps + configuration files still in the system
one of them was lfocus (live focus) that i've uninstalled because it was not playing nice with fcamera
i wonder if all this mess is caused by the config files left from lfocus?

i used dpkg --purge lfocus to remove them ...

hope this might help!

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I suspect the vignette problem is not really a problem, but a feature: true RAW format brings you just what the sensor spits out. And for a compromise in space and price like any cell phone cam there are real physical problems. Normally the firmware or driver software would correct these things as good as it can, then code result into JPEG with reasonable quality settings.
Now you want RAW and with fcamera you get raw data. Raw pixels, just as recorded. You don't want that vignetting? Just take your favorite image manipulation program (The Gimp, Photoshop or whatever) and correct it.
(just my 2 cents)

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
I suspect the vignette problem is not really a problem, but a feature

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1693&atid=5974

Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
I suspect the vignette problem is not really a problem, but a feature: true RAW format brings you just what the sensor spits out. And for a compromise in space and price like any cell phone cam there are real physical problems. Normally the firmware or driver software would correct these things as good as it can, then code result into JPEG with reasonable quality settings.
Now you want RAW and with fcamera you get raw data. Raw pixels, just as recorded. You don't want that vignetting? Just take your favorite image manipulation program (The Gimp, Photoshop or whatever) and correct it.
(just my 2 cents)
Vignette is not on the picture, it is on the display itself. But it is slightly living on the Standard camera capture images. Even the standard camera application, this vignette still on the display. This is not a feature but a bug. Vignetting should only be on the captured image using fcam-driver applications, not on the stock application. In this case it happened on any application and on the display itself

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Anyone experience problems with Browserd running constantly after updating drivers? I have created a thread before I knew about this one with all details in it and how I came to the conclusion that Fcam was to blame.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61006

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
How can I tell which ver of kernel I have installed?