Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
I will say this - in the menu the friction coefficient of the kinetic scrolling is MUCH higher than before.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmmm. Where?
In menus? Conversations? Email? Microb? Photo gallery? Media player?

Sorry but i got different experiences in different places so I would be happy if you told as in detail where you are experiencing "bad" kinetic scrolling.

For me itīs sluggish in conversations, photo gallery, media player album art view. But for example in microb its fluid. Please be specific.
For me its choppy in: media player, bookmars, photos and in conversations. So almost the same as you.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Heman1310 View Post
For me its choppy in: media player, bookmars, photos and in conversations. So almost the same as you.
Itīs on level what developers wanted it to be :|
There is some bugzilla comments where Nokia developers say that it is what it is and try to live with it :| Might be in conversations kinetic scrolling bug report.

Overclocking might make it better but i do not recommend it.
Letīs hope that it magically will be fixed in some FW update but i doubt it. Sorry.

.edit
Read these and if you have something to add then please add, but not comments like "me tooo"(vote is for it)
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8017
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5455

Last edited by slender; 2010-05-02 at 15:49.

It sure isn't a HW problem, so I don't see why they can't fix this. Nokia 5800 got a smoother kinetic scrolling in the media player than the N900. Also Motorola DROID is very similar to the N900 HW and the UI on the DROID is very smooth.

Ofcourse they could make it a lot smoother - I don't think it's an issue of not being technically able to do it - but rather the Maemo team are focused on other things. I think the issue was marked as a WONTFIX a long time ago. You are certainly welcome to vote/comment on some of the precious bug reports, I can't really see it being worked on at this stage .

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Letīs see. N900 has 800x480 pixels and yes i know i know itīs not excuse, but still please remember that when comparing to other devices

IMHO n900 UI animation in overall quite smooth but is it as smooth as on iphone or droid? Probably not. Does it matter? Probably yes, but how much? Probably not so much when itīs on level thatīs bearable for most of people. To me for example photo galleryīs scrolling performance is bad but probably to quite many people itīs just ok and i have seen people who just don not even care because it has xterm.

There is nothing to fix. Maybe enhance but not fix because nothing is broken. N900 has quite many bugs if you search in bugzilla (but please remember that those that have not been confirmed might be just user errors and are not so critical as those that are confirmed) There is stuff that needs to be fixed and priority for example conversations scrolling and photo gallery scrolling is not probably high :| I would like to them be on top of list but then again its just me..

http://www.octofish.net/bugjar/2010/...bug-ja-72.html
http://www.octofish.net/bugjar/2010/...ons-bu-72.html

Well we can only hope that this will be better once Meego comes out

You cant tell me it cant be fixed by the community... it cant be that hard to find!

By the way nokia changed the way that the menu is scrolling in PR1.2 i dont like it! it reacts like crap!

Can someone please look in to this. and find the file where the options for scrolling are at.

And nokia can indeed say that it has no high priority, but things that can be seen are for most people the first priority. Apple and android have put a tremendous ammount of effort put into the UI. thats why its such a big hit! Nokia always fixes the stuff that no one cares about. and when they finnaly fix the things that do care everyone left the platform allready.

Im wonder when nokia will start listening to the normal users, like me. offcourse we dont have allot of knowledge about the OS but i sure as hell know what people like me want. And believe it or not but there are allot less geeks out there then people who use phones the normal way

Last edited by sygys; 2010-05-14 at 07:31.