Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
While we all wait for Godot, here's a viable method to identify a tune with the N900.

It's been suggested on maemoitalia.com: here's the original, Italian page, and here's the Google translation in English.

Briefly, you've got to have the Recorder application, that records in low-quality wav. Just record 15-45 secs of the unknow tune, give it a recognisable name and save somewhere.
Then, point your browser to http://www.audiotag.info, upload the recorded file (takes time), answer to a simple math question (to prove you're not a robot), and get your answer

Of course, all credits for this method go to the http://www.maemoitalia.com staff

Edit: of course, some genius coder of ours could think of automating the process...

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-05-24 at 15:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I don't think it's that big problem to write the script that would do it and even add gui after it.

I find it much easier to use google as a poor man's shazam, as long as the song has words, take any series of words you can recognize from the song and then google song "<the words>"

works most of the time

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
I find it much easier to use google as a poor man's shazam, as long as the song has words, take any series of words you can recognize from the song and then google song "<the words>"

works most of the time
I mostly listen to music that doesn't contain any lyrics...

Thanks for the tip!
And is it possible to "automate" the process to make it easier?
Sounds like a Shazam look-a-like is easier than I thought