Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have gotten random reboots 2 yesterday and 1 this morning. The bootreason isn't "32wd_to" its "sw_rts", I have no applications from extras-testing or extras-devel. Yesterday I was watching a video on the web and suddently the phone rebooted, I booted up again and tryed to watch it again and the it rebooted again. Today I was playing old-school games, "snes" to be exact and again it rebooted. It could be a heat issue, becouse the phone does get extremely hot. Any advices?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
cat /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets
should tell you which process caused the reset in case the boot reason is sw_rst

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
cat /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets
should tell you which process caused the reset in case the boot reason is sw_rst
I couldn't find that file, but I tryed this "ls -la /var/lib/dsme/stats and I got this:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 320 Jan 3 01:28.
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 448 Jan 3 01:12..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 55 Jan 3 01:28 lifeguard_restarts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 30 Jan 3 01:13 lifeguard_restarts.bak

Then I tryed this "cat /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_restart..It gave me this:

/usr/bin/ohm-session-agent: 1
/usr/sbin/browserd -d: 1

Well I got another reboot from "sw_rts". This time I didn't do anything on the N900. The device was just lying on my desk while I was on computer and suddently it rebooted. I really hope this is a software issue and not a HW one.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
send it away

Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
send it away
Yes. Call up customer service and ask them to get you a new one.

I don't know about consumer laws/wendor policies at your place, but I called Nokia sweden where I bought mine and just needed to print out a return-thingy and slap it on a box containing the N900 box including everything it came with to get a new one, since this was within the "Dead on arrival" time frame of 14 days.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
even if it is pased 14 days not a problem, its faulty its covered under warranty(within 14 days tho you can get a new device or refund)- under warranty(12 months min) they have to at least fix it