Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by algis87 View Post
I have problems downloading version 0.5.1 from apps for meego.
I select 0.5.1 in the webpage, the apps for meego app opens, shows 0.5.1 downloading and installing. But when I open it, it's version 0.4.4.

Tried several times reinstalling it, still get the 0.4.4 version...
You should activate testing mode for "aps for meego"
See here

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Dear Vlad

I try to use Meecast 0.51, after having removed Accuweather (incl. reboot). Somehow I am not able to get any weather information. I always get "no weather data for this station". I tried to use all available databases and chose stations like 'Moscow', 'Helsinki' and GPS location. No way to get any data.

I also tried to remove the .config/com.meecast.omweather folder for a new configuration.

I have no clue... Frustrated as I was, I tried to remove Meecast again and wanted to restore Accuweather. Problem is, that I cannot even do that, as Ovi store is not able to install Accuweather again.

Right now, I do not have any weather information on my n9 device. Would you have any idea, to solve my problem?

Meecast version: 0.5.1
My location: Switzerland
Connection: Wifi
Firmware: PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4_PR_009)

THX minimec

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
Dear Vlad

I try to use Meecast 0.51, after having removed Accuweather (incl. reboot). Somehow I am not able to get any weather information. I always get "no weather data for this station". I tried to use all available databases and chose stations like 'Moscow', 'Helsinki' and GPS location. No way to get any data.

I also tried to remove the .config/com.meecast.omweather folder for a new configuration.

I have no clue... Frustrated as I was, I tried to remove Meecast again and wanted to restore Accuweather. Problem is, that I cannot even do that, as Ovi store is not able to install Accuweather again.

Right now, I do not have any weather information on my n9 device. Would you have any idea, to solve my problem?

Meecast version: 0.5.1
My location: Switzerland
Connection: Wifi
Firmware: PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4_PR_009)

THX minimec
After instalation of this update, I had to restart phone to get right with connection.

@vlad: I didn't tried with version 0.49 and 0.50 other wallpapers wich have been downloaded from ovi store (bug with widget on lock screen), but I've just tried with this latest 0.51 version and it seems it works just fine and no bugs (if I don't count restart procedure after instalation)...

The Following User Says Thank You to drvar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by drvar View Post
After instalation of this update, I had to restart phone to get right with connection.
Unfortunately I cannot confirm that.

- I removed Meecast Applet and Meecast, deleted the config folder and rebooted.

- Then I installed Meecast and the Applet again (I get a red rectangle at the place where the Weather info should be on the Event screen).

- I rebooted again... No data.

Don't know if it is in your area, but on the ovi store there is an app called restore accuweather for meego. I've used it before a while ago. Don't know if it will help you. Cheers.

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Don't know if it is in your area, but on the ovi store there is an app called restore accuweather for meego. I've used it before a while ago. Don't know if it will help you. Cheers.
Sometimes, all you need is to sleep over it! Seems like the repository server was not available this weekend.

Not only was i able to restore Accuweather today, but after all proposed updates, I also get the weather data in Meecast.

If I enable background for events feed, MeeCast weather has black border. Is this a known problem or possible to fix (png transparency?)

MeeCast 0.51

Thanks

Edit: I see this mentioned already now much earlier in the thread, I guess it is known issue, sorry for bother
Attached Images

Last edited by nbedford; 2012-02-28 at 16:42.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Is there any chance to have weather information on lock screen / lpm screen without removing accuweather???

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Is there any chance to have weather information on lock screen / lpm screen without removing accuweather???
This chance is absent.

Vlad

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Hi.
The version 0.5.2 of Meecast is available in Apps For Meego.
Changelog:

* Added new source foreca.com
* Added station Juankoski to yr.no database
* Fixed problem with long station name in events widget
* Updated Russian translation

Vlad.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:

Tags
forecast, meecast, omweather, weather