Notices

Hi,

I have downloaded gftp so that I can reach my NAS with my n900. Unfortunately I canīt get it to work. I type in the ip address, the username and password are correct as well. I have posted the picture so that you can see what happens when Iīm trying to connect. Yes, it is in Swedish but I will translate the text on the picture. So here it is:

Looking up /Searching 192.168.0.xxx
Trying with 192.168.0.xxx:21
Connected to: 192.168.0.xxx:21
220.212.178.xxx.51 FTP server ready

Disconnecting from place local filesystem
Waiting 30 sec to try again

Oh, I forgot , of course I have made portforwarding. I can reach my NAS with my comp.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Miro

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
At first look i'll guess you have the n900 connected on the same network as your NAS.

seems your NAS reply with external address (220.212.178.xxx.51) and this can cause issue. Try disable this in your ftp server so he answer with its internal address (192.168.0.xxx) and try again.

EDIT: Or explain a bit better the configuration

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2013-12-03 at 20:05.

Hi,
and thanks for answering so quickly
If that is the case as you describe it then how can I connect to my NAS with my comp using FileZilla with internal address? I just tested to connect with FileZilla on my comp while I am on my network and it worked. So I guess the problem must be settings in my n900 gftp. WIth N900FTP it goes on and on and on trying to connect but nothing happens. With gFTP at least I get some answer.

Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
At first look i'll guess you have the n900 connected on the same network as your NAS.

seems your NAS reply with external address (220.212.178.xxx) and this can cause issue. Try disable this in your ftp server so he answer with its internal address (192.168.0.xxx) and try again.

EDIT: Or explain a bit better the configuration

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
did you enable passive connection?

also, did you try? ftp clients for n900 are quite old

I use gftp i know this one work, even if quite hard to use.

EDIT: you can also look at your server log to see what happens when you try to connect.
Corrected, i use gftp, not n900ftp

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2013-12-03 at 20:55.

Hi again,

and also thanks for answering my questions again. Just checked and YES I did enable passive mode. well i decided to uninstall both ftp apps and install them again just to be sure. will see...anyway thanks for trying to help me.
best regards to you.
Miro

Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
did you enable passive connection?

also, did you try? ftp clients for n900 are quite old

I use n900ftp i know this one work, even if quite hard to use.

EDIT: you can also look at your server log to see what happens when you try to connect

hi, well I forgott to aks you Mitrigol Another question as well. You see I donīt have any trouble connecting from my n900 to my laptop (windows 8) with VNC. Also I donīt have problem connecting with my laptop (Windows 8) to my other laptop (windows XP) BUT when I want to connect from my n900 to my laptop (windows XP) I canīt get the Connection. Why? Can you provide me some help.

best regards and of course thanks in advance

Miro

??No help??

Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
hi, well I forgott to aks you Mitrigol Another question as well. You see I donīt have any trouble connecting from my n900 to my laptop (windows 8) with VNC. Also I donīt have problem connecting with my laptop (Windows 8) to my other laptop (windows XP) BUT when I want to connect from my n900 to my laptop (windows XP) I canīt get the Connection. Why? Can you provide me some help.

best regards and of course thanks in advance

Miro

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
... BUT when I want to connect from my n900 to my laptop (windows XP) I canīt get the Connection.
Have you tried another vnc server on the XP lappie than the one giving trouble? That's what I would do as these quirky things do happen - works on one but not the other. What are you using?

BTW, midnight commander (called "mc") has a built in ftp client function.

OK thanks,

i wil ltry that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

best regards,
Miro

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Have you tried another vnc server on the XP lappie than the one giving trouble? That's what I would do as these quirky things do happen - works on one but not the other. What are you using?

BTW, midnight commander (called "mc") has a built in ftp client function.