Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
just to chime in , still using mine since 2010 .
I just did a lot of sqlite VACUUM and backup, ended with deleting the SMS database after backup, FAST as NEW now , did it mostly since i had problem receiving SMS from a few friends (all with iPhones.....) but did not help with that issue.

But long story short, still using my N900 for almost 5 years now

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi dr_frost_dk,
nice to read you alive and still addicted!

About that iPhone SMS thingy: maybe try this one out
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94027

On my N9 tested and working. On N900 tweaked and running without problems (but not tested with iPhone apostles).

Oh, and regarding to the thread topic: yes still using my N900 as main phone (since Q2/2010).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I don't own a N900 yet, but when I do I will definitely try to use it as a main phone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Imortale For This Useful Post:
Hey @dr_frost_dk, is there an official procedure for archiving old stuff from the various SQLite DBs? Or just back them up and then delete them?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Using my N900 as my main phone, bought it in 2009. Recently felt the urge to reflash and update, runs like a charm again! Still loving it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Using my N900 as my main phone, bought it in 2009. Recently felt the urge to reflash and update, runs like a charm again! Still loving it.
Hi, I'm using the N900 as everyday main phone. Works well. I had a try with Galaxy S4 last year. Sure, it was more compliant with google services, but finally, I like it just as phone.

Having just a phone makes your life easier !

Thanks for the work and the help I have fund here for years.

The Following User Says Thank You to gros_rouge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
mesa do.

My usual holiday: stylus b/w fingers. chatting, browsing tmo, facebook and reading web articles until a friend calls and I have to head out.

Yeah. makes it my primary phone.

P.S. I just downloaded IRC for Conversations app from app manager. Could someone sugest me Maemo/N900 related channels. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post:
I still use the N900 as my main phone (and iPod replacement), but less and less as a smartphone. Since the browser is ancient and full of unpatched security holes, it's not an enjoyable prospect to do any web browsing on it, and I find myself carrying around a netbook for when I need internet connectivity.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
mesa do.

...I just downloaded IRC for Conversations app from app manager. Could someone sugest me Maemo/N900 related channels. Thanks.
Freenode --> #maemo and #maemo-ssu

You may want to try a 'proper' IRC client however, e.g. XChat.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
thanks. been tinkering with it. it doesn't work properly. I probably should download XChat.

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900