Hi,guys,is there a version 10.1+ flash support supporting solution for maemo 4? i have tried Midori browser, MicroB and Opera 10.1beta, all of them do not support flash 10.1+, i think flash supporting will make the old N8x0 more useful.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Naw... we were stuck at the earlier versions and it'll never go past that. From CPU to GPU reasons, what you have on Maemo 4 is all that will ever happen unfortunately.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Since I wasn't around when the N900 was first coming out, anyone mind pointing me at some post that explains why the current N900's libflashplayer.so is not acceptable for the N8x0s?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Since I wasn't around when the N900 was first coming out, anyone mind pointing me at some post that explains why the current N900's libflashplayer.so is not acceptable for the N8x0s?
Mostly due to the fact that it's OMAP3 (N900) versus OMAP2 (N8x0) - I think that's the biggest excuse used so far. If that's truly the case though, I've yet to test or confirm/deny that as being the case.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Candidates (pick one or more):

1) different instruction set (ARMv5 vs ARMv7)
2) different hardware acceleration available
3) different linked system libraries
4) different microb API

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: