Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by danpio View Post
break news:"Hi, there are licensing issues with N9's hardware adaptation, and Wayland on the N9 is not so good. But stay tuned!" says jollaHQ
I think that stay tuned may reffer to Android adaption or unofficial releases

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
I think that stay tuned may reffer to Android adaption or unofficial releases
I don't think they would want liability of an official version? But I hope something more functional becomes available.

Last edited by rswelter; 2014-02-27 at 21:43. Reason: clarify

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
I don't think they would want liability of an official version? But I hope something more functional becomes available.
If I'm not mistaken, somebody else brought up the point that Nokia still holds the patents/trademarks/copyrights/whatever it is to the N9. Because of this, Jolla will never be able to release a port for a device that is not theirs. They have stated numerous times, however, that they will provide support to those who do port it.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone. Today I finally got my N9 flashed with ubiboot for Sailfish/Harmattan using these http://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish with linux.
Now ubiboot starts and shows Sailfish, Harmattan and ubiboot info icons. If I tap Harmattan, phone shuts. If I tap Sailfish, it starts with welcome screen. Then I have to select language and in next screen confirm language.
After that "please wait" screen appears for then seconds and it starts over again. Other people seem to have same problem but I didn't find any solution for it..

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
harmattan. you missed preinit files for ubiboot
sailfish. you need to tap accept button to continue

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
harmattan. you missed preinit files for ubiboot
sailfish. you need to tap accept button to continue
Tried it but its still the same. What you mean by "missed pre inits"?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
not unpacked preinits package. or missed executable bits for files.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
not unpacked preinits package. or missed executable bits for files.
On what package/step?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
On what package/step?
Actually, as you are talking about ubiboot with just Harmattan & Sailfish entries, I guess you are using the sailfish-preconfigured version of ubiboot (ubiboot-02_0.3.5_131213_SFOS.tar)

That package should contain the preinits already, so unless you made some problem in installinf the package, you should be OK with that.

Now, if you have boot problems, connect the device to a PC with USB cable and start ubiboot. On boot it will enter maintanance mode where the partitions on the device are exported to the PC as USB drives.
If you have a linux computer, you will see all the drives, if a windows computer, then you will only see MyDocs (which is vfat)

Now, do that, and look for the ubiboot log files, which will tell you what is your problem.
The log file is /MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Nokia X runs Android, Sailfish will run on Android devices. Will Sailfish run on Nokia X? Just wondering.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish