Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
any1 plz guide me to make UCBROWSER desktop file and make it open directly like operamini......plz....thanx in advance..
I included the midlet in the latest test build, which you can
download at:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/

Davy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
I included the midlet in the latest test build, which you can
download at:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/

Davy
thank you.....you quite quick....thanx again

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
@davyP...its works in surfing like charm but when i download any file when selecting the download location it shows blank screen and so i am not able to download any thing so any solution an that part would be great....

Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
@davyP...its works in surfing like charm but when i download any file when selecting the download location it shows blank screen and so i am not able to download any thing so any solution an that part would be great....
This problem has been confirmed before in this thread. However,
while running the midlet, I see no errors or exceptions and without
access to the source code it is a bit difficult to figure out why we
get a blank screen.

Anyway, I added the issue in the "Feature requests" section (see
bottom at page http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/34).

Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Of course I don't demand anything, but I would like to opt against including any random midlet request by random guys here, without any rationale. It's a pity to bloat such a great application - everyone interested in running particular midlet can download it and run via "run midlet", or, if she/he is interested, learn how to prepare proper desktop shortcut. It's not a rocket science.

Now, amongst first thing to do after downloading every version, is to rm plethora of absolutely unnecessary (for me) midlets, desktop shortcuts (+ wait until Catorise update database), etc. Quite inconvenient.

I agree that including some debugging tools - like midlet Demo or Location, or general-purpose thing like Opera Mini can bring benefits, but some closed source unknown browser, or thing like eBuddy? everyone can "install" it on her/his own, IMO.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Of course I don't demand anything, but I would like to opt against including any random midlet request by random guys here, without any rationale. It's a pity to bloat such a great application - everyone interested in running particular midlet can download it and run via "run midlet", or, if she/he is interested, learn how to prepare proper desktop shortcut. It's not a rocket science.

Now, amongst first thing to do after downloading every version, is to rm plethora of absolutely unnecessary (for me) midlets, desktop shortcuts (+ wait until Catorise update database), etc. Quite inconvenient.

I agree that including some debugging tools - like midlet Demo or Location, or general-purpose thing like Opera Mini can bring benefits, but some closed source unknown browser, or thing like eBuddy? everyone can "install" it on her/his own, IMO.

/Estel
I agree. I am also a bit reluctant to just add these applications (as
I don't use them myself).

I plan (if time permits) to write an easy to use front-end to create
these shortcuts, and then get rid of most midlets currently shipped
with the package. There is already a script called excalibur.sh to
do that, but it lacks a graphical front-end.

However, a quicker intermediate solution could be to create
another package with the midlet examples, which you can then
install if you want to.

Davy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Of course I don't demand anything, but I would like to opt against including any random midlet request by random guys here

/Estel
FWIW, I consider you a random guy. Welcome to the club

Nice of you not to demand anything. As if.

Just wanna say THANK YOU !
the opera mini is working perfect , the data usage is now low ... i don't mind that java is not supported , it works fine and I like Opera !

Thanks for the wonderfull software mate !

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
FWIW, I consider you a random guy. Welcome to the club

Nice of you not to demand anything. As if.
Of course - that's why i installed my communication and bank token midlets on my own (including fancy icons ), instead of demanding it's inclusion in package.

Actually, Davy seems to share this view on things, so I don't see much reason for Your comment, other than "comment because I can" (of course, You're still free to do it as pleases You).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i am absolutely a new user of this app. i have downloaded it. tested operamini and ebuddy. worked like a charm. can anyone please tell me where where to download this sort of app like opera and ebuddy. and install them. would be a great help.i dont have to read 60 pages.i hv read upto 7