Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all,

The program called Camera, since Knips blows now for some reason, I'm wondering if anyone could tinker with the code just a titch.

You know, like after pressing the take picture button, that it waits so many seconds, then takes so many pictures every so many seconds or something to that effect.

Any possible takers for this extra feature?

Thanks!

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I find anything that uses the camera crashes the tablet completely aboit 70% of the time. That's a good reason why no development on the camera ever occured.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
btw, camera is built-in app, you can start it from xterm. Never use it because of bugs and laggs.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Weird, I have never had a crash using it yet.
Also use the videocamera app successfully too. Actually that has the same still-taking ability built in, so only need the video app on the tablet.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Originally Posted by deluxe View Post
Also use the videocamera app successfully too. Actually that has the same still-taking ability built in, so only need the video app on the tablet.
I'm sorry, but what videocamera app? I didn't know there was one.

The camera app drives me crazy, probably for the same reasons you others claim. I've just about given up on the camera unless someone could give me a better alternative.

But if someone does end up tinkering with it...how about making the full screen key snap the picture? That would make me like it a lot more.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Video camera app. Not sure where I found it, but I have attached it to this message.
A search of all the repositories for OS2008 doesn't turn it up.
Just to be clear, I have used this in a n800, not (yet) in a n810.
Attached Files
File Type: deb videocamera_0.5.2_armel.deb (236.8 KB, 85 views)
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Last edited by deluxe; 2010-08-21 at 14:55. Reason: Added extra info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deluxe For This Useful Post: