Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
Hello everyone,

I saw someone mention in a thread the term "Endos guide to pimping N810 with Diablo" is this a custom firmware? I also saw some stuff in the repositories about running debian, though I have not set it up yet. This forum is a little hard for me to find recent stuff, so I am just asking if anyone could point me to relevant guides.

One other question is I got a 770 but it does not connect to my wifi. I read that it was notorious for having problems with that, but I would really like to get it connected, and I imagine it can't be simply not doable since that would render the device a total failure.Any troubleshooting guide?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Wasn't there a link to Endsormeans guide? The links to guides are in his signature/bottom of his posts. If you are going to use N810 you should follow his guides and related messages. So any post/message on this forum from endsormeans have the links.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Originally Posted by DanielT View Post
Hello everyone,
One other question is I got a 770 but it does not connect to my wifi..
copy pasted in some old post:
"If you have an n-type router, the first thing to do is to turn off the n signal and only use b/g. That might solve your problem, unless you are receiving a lot of signals from other routers in the neighborhood."
If problem continue then check is there thread about that:
https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24
and ask there so, another 770 users can find.

A weird and funny way to get the 770 to connect if there are N wifi access points nearby is:

* manually configure your wifi connection without depending on the device scanning to access points
* when you want to connect to the network click on the connection icon, go to 'selection connection' and right away hug the tablet against your chest for about 13 seconds, then take a look at the listed APs. Yours should be listed there. If any evil wifi radio waves made it through your hands you might have to repeat the process again.
* very quickly repeat the "hug maneuver" again for about 5 more seconds, uncover the tablet and watch your n770 using wifi in 2023!

Other folks have reported success using steel pots to hide the table while is scanning. I have no idea why this "works" but all my 3 770s are running just fine.

There is another solution which consists on setting up a Dummy connection and manually setting up wifi, but this requires having connectivity first to download a few software packages.

Check out the bugzilla ticket about this n770 issue that I am afraid will never be fixed at all.

People around you will think that you love your Nokia devices at lot if you follow this method.

-l

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nmdv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
I will search for that, thank you!

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Check here endsormeans post and the links to his guides:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85214&page=761

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)