Notices

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
is this apps already stable?

Hey Guys,

I have over clocked my device with 900 Mhz image.. and also installed Swappolube and done the settings, shown in attached file.

But I m not able to understand how can i see the change in speed.

If these are not the correct setting for 900Mhz image please suggest the new settings else tell me where I can see the change in speed.

Regards

Sahil
Attached Images

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ajk1983 View Post
Hi,

I downloaded the current (as of 20 October 2010) version of Swappolube with GUI. After using it for a while, I noticed that my N900 would not go to "complete idle" anymore: Batterygraph showed retrospectively CPU activity of around perhaps 10-15%, even when the device had been in offline mode and with the display turned off. Before installing swappolube Batterygraph showed only neglible CPU activity when the device was in the same state, such as during night time.

To counter this I chose "Delete Tunings" from Swappolube and rebooted. After that Swappolube showed correctly the out-of-the-box settings for all the modifiable variables as the "Current" set up.

However, the problem still persisted and the "idle" state constantly produced CPU use of around 10-15%. I then uninstalled Swappolube, but this had no effect.

Could someone elaborate/speculate what might cause this increase in CPU activity? I cannot use for example Conky to determine this, since that requires both Conky and the N900 GUI to be active.

In addition - and more importantly at this stage - could you please provide guidance on which files to manually remove/edit to undo all the modifications Swappolube has introduced to the system?

Please feel free to ask if you need any further information.

Thank you.
I'm facing the same problem, resetting the value to default or uninstalling the application don't solve the problem. /etc/event.d/tuning are not present after uninstalling. Any ideas?

Last edited by pfontana77; 2010-10-21 at 10:33.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by pfontana77 View Post
I'm facing the same problem, resetting the value to default or uninstalling the application don't solve the problem. /etc/event.d/tuning are not present after uninstalling. Any ideas?
Did you reboot after uninstalling? Swappolube with gui doesn't reset parameters until rebooted. Swappolube-nogui resets parameters when uninstalled, even without rebooting.

Might be the infamous hildon-desktop bug:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...on-status-menu

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Nowhereland
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Might be the infamous hildon-desktop bug:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...on-status-menu
Yes, that seems to be at least a part of it. Thanks for pointing a not-so-frequent visitor to the right direction.

EDIT: found the cause to be flashlight-extras which I installed at the same time as swappolube. Sorry for barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited by ajk1983; 2010-10-27 at 10:06.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
For me the problem was solved by PR1.3 update. I will installa again swappolube to see if the problem occur again.

Ernesto, sorry if this has been discussd elsewhere, but:

Any "official" statement of the need for and validity of swappolube after the PR1.3 update?

Looking at my battery drain seems like the need still exists, but I would like to hear from the guys who know what they are doing.

Thanks.

Last edited by mikaelh; 2010-10-26 at 12:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikaelh For This Useful Post:
I am presently running pr1.3 with swappolube - so far so good. Haven't tested without, so I don't know the difference in terms of battery consumption, if any.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Thanks Ernesto. So you have not checked whether Nokia made any changes to the relevant parameters? They did advertise "performance improvements", after all.

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning