Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Obviously I've broken something. It just won't work, I keep getting 'false' as return.

However, I got fed up with it. Since running the original memotoo-profile returned 'true', I simply edited the original memotoo.com.xml in /etc/sync/profiles/service. I only added my account data. And presto, it works. So fast that I at first didn't believe anything happened. But it's all there. Phonebook, calendar and notes.

In hindsight, do you actually use a "my-meego.com" profile? Perhaps I should have named the xml as "my-meego.com.xml" as well? I don't dare and test it, perhaps it messes up things again or duplicates every contact.

Alas, my solution was to edit the config in /etc/sync/profile/service. Not pretty at all, but it works.

Oh, also, and quite important: don't use http. Use https://sync.memotoo.com/syncml as "Remote database".

Glad you got it working.

I think where you might be having trouble with custom configs is that the xml filenames, the declared name inside the xml file and the dbus call all have to match.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Hope that helps!
Excellent, thank-you, added to the guide.
Search for "SyncML"...

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I tried again, this time using filename my-memotoo.com.xml. It works fine now. Perhaps quipper can update his post, so others don't fall for the same issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Has anybody managed to sync other calendar(s) than what is set up as "default calendar" in N9 calendar config?

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
OK, here is my config that works.
*snip*
Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot! I created similar XML files to use my own Funambol (FLOSS SyncML server) instance. This works just the same like your memotoo configuration. And like you said before: it is important to have the names of the XML files the same as how you name your sync and service definitions. It won't work otherwise.

Right now I only sync the contacts. Just a hint in case someone is using this with Funambol, too: The contacts "data base" in Funambol is by default called "card". Hence, the XML of the service definition needs an adjustment:

Code:
<profile name="hcontacts" type="storage" >
       <key name="Local URI" value="./contacts" />
       <key name="Target URI" value="card" />
</profile>
Alternatively, one can adjust Funambol as well to call it "contact". The same goes for the other fields.

Unfortunately, CardDAV isn't supported (yet?) as I also run DaviCal for the calenders -- it supports CardDAV, too. However, now I have a pretty good synchronization infrastructure without being dependent on any other service, but my own server.

Does anyone know a way how to store one's password not in plain text in the XML file?

Best,
mtg

hello everybody..

Well i am trying to sync my phone with my computer..

but i have an issue I can just sync the phone default calendar.

what should i do to choose an other calendar?

thanks

i never tried it and have no idea if it will work, but maybe try changing the local database URI in your xml config

I tried to sync with ubuntu 12.04

it seems to work a little bit.
i can sync contacts and notes and the default calendar.

I ve done it with the app "Sync"