Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
Is Rovio hiring?
Yes we are.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
but is there a solution to fix that tearing problem?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by s13n1 View Post

I dont think you will see a level editor any tome soon. Angry birds will sell episodes till people are sick of it (maybe), when people tire of it a level editor will arrive. Nowhere near as many people would buy a new episode when you could make one. I know i would spend hours making rediculous levels.

Well there is a level editor.
Its not flasy but it works pretty well.

Ive developed about 25 custom levels now, about half of them on the Editor. and its much easier using the editor than doing them by writing Lua code.

Go see the custom level thread.

but i stopped doing any more as there seems to be no interest in the levels i was doing. Maybe they just wernt good enough.( But i had fun designing and playing them)

each one was only downloaded about 15 times
Theres enough people here that we could easily create another 21+ levels if we really wanted to.

Hell id create another 21 my self if i got enough feed back and though there was enough people interested to make it worth my time.

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Yes we are.
Give me the source and I'll try to do the port for free. Really

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
Well there is a level editor.
Its not flasy but it works pretty well.

Ive developed about 25 custom levels now, about half of them on the Editor. and its much easier using the editor than doing them by writing Lua code.

Go see the custom level thread.

but i stopped doing any more as there seems to be no interest in the levels i was doing. Maybe they just wernt good enough.( But i had fun designing and playing them)

each one was only downloaded about 15 times
Theres enough people here that we could easily create another 21+ levels if we really wanted to.

Hell id create another 21 my self if i got enough feed back and though there was enough people interested to make it worth my time.
I would love to play custom levels, and I'm sure many other people would as well, It's just that end users are put off as its not simple enough for them to use.

I'm no expert but I did take a quick look at the editor, and time permitting over christmas, would love to have a go.

Miika did mention that in the future there could be some help in that area so there's always hope. Don't give up, cgarvie!

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Dunno what's so hard in porting the levels...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HUT...layer_embedded

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Give me the source and I'll try to do the port for free. Really
It's not the code which takes most of the time, infact it's actually the easiest part. But releasing a game takes a lot of effort from many areas.

First all build and packaging scripts need to be created/updated. Then all platform variant specific code needs to be validated so that the build does not include any stuff it shoudn't like appstore buttons. All graphics need to be created in N900 resolution. The GPU on N900 have somewhat inaccurate varying interpolators causing texturing to be inaccurate which causes all kinds of glitches in graphics so they need to be throughly tested on device and create workarounds for places which look bad.

After this the build needs to go through QA where it has to be played completely through to be ensure no regression has happened, which can not be taken for granted. For example 1.4.2 update on Palm got delayed for several weeks beause we managed to trigger a HW bug in OMAP3430 which crashed the whole device, and it took a while from Palm to figure out what was happening and how to avoid it. Since N900 shares the same SoC I was a bit afraid that same could happen here also.

After the build is ready and tested the sales folks take it, prepare all marketing and submission material and work actively to get the game out into the stores.

While we are not talking about enormous amount of work here, it still piles up when you are constanty creating updates for several plaforms with small amount of people. This time we just didn't have enough resources to push seasons out on every platform simultaneously which would have been needed since it's very time sensitive product.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
While we are not talking about enormous amount of work here, it still piles up when you are constanty creating updates for several plaforms with small amount of people. This time we just didn't have enough resources to push seasons out on every platform simultaneously which would have been needed since it's very time sensitive product.
So now, please, let's stop asking the same question...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hello Miika,

I just wanted to thank you and your team for the great work that you guys are doing..

Keep up the great work!! <3

just now i got a update message on my N900 and guess what ! it for angry bird. updating...

Closed Thread