Hi,

i have just droped my n900 and now display shows only backlight, nothing else than that...
I am avalible for calls and when i touch screen to answer i hear beep but nothing is happening.
Also i tested it on tv out. I can hear sound and see one horisontal line (maybe i did not make good connections because phone is opened and i was holding him with hands).

My question is can you confirm the type of problem, is it with device, flat cable or only display? (to know what to order).

Thank you!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
My guess is that you need a new display. But it is quite easy to dismantle the N900 if you have the right screwdriver (here is a blog with a link to the disassembly service manual there may be better links out there, but that is the first I found) you just need the small phillips screwdriver to get the screen off, you only need the small torx driver to dismantle the base. So I suggest you take apart the screen and make sure all the cables are firmly together, if that doesn't help you probably need a new LCD.

i already open phone, just don`t know how to check mobile is it ok (for screen i see that is not ok )
Or maybe flat cable :S

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I can't see how dropping the phone would damage the cable. Just look for any signs of damage of it, disconnect the connectors and put them back together to make sure they are together properly. While it isn't impossible for the cable to be what is damaged, it is very unlikely. Absent any visible signs of damage, the only way to be sure is by replacing it with a known working part and seeing if it makes a difference.

i done that and always is the same.
So, i will give to service just for diagnostic (to know what to order).

Tnx. for answers.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
I have dropped my phone several times, but the last one killed the LCD screen, could still use the TV out function which was really cool feature. Found a quality repair shop to fix it. The cool part was showing the repair tech that the phone did work with the TV out function.
If you can't see your screen with the TV out feature it may be a loose cable.