Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It has a mechanical slider switch to silent mode. I could operate it by reaching for the phone under the pillow, without having to take it out and looking at it. Best feature ever!
TOH mechanical slider switch? (Well, sadly that's not an option for the Tablet, of course)

*EDIT*
Actually, IIRC there was a TOH that might fulfil this function nicely (for the Phone), not sure of the current status.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-03-09 at 04:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
TOH mechanical slider switch? (Well, sadly that's not an option for the Tablet, of course)

*EDIT*
Actually, IIRC there was a TOH that might fulfil this function nicely (for the Phone), not sure of the current status.
i am 100% sure there are multiple people with hardware switches set to toggle silent mode.

but yeah, discontinued.

hardware needs to make a comeback...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
i am 100% sure there are multiple people with hardware switches set to toggle silent mode.

but yeah, discontinued.

hardware needs to make a comeback...
Yeah, I'm using the switch number 2 on my DIP TOH as a silent mode toggle.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Tablet demo by Carol Chen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcsj-R_5UNg&t
From video one can see that there are two cover actions on media player. In this video by Jolla Users, Sepehr Noori shows that media player cover actions works by tapping.
Interesting, but I'm little disappointed to this 'search and tap' solution..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
What about that Partner space? There has not been much information about that (or at least I haven't seen it), just some quick peeks in hands-on videos. But my first thought was that Jolla is finally getting some bloatware content. Or is there going to be a possibility to choose the content of the partner space by user?

Jolla published the contract they made with Snapdeal. Are we getting Snapdeal's hottest offers of the day to the partner space or what?

When I preordered the tablet I was very unsure if I ever need one. However, in the latest months I have been following the development of the tablet with increasing interest. But these last news about the UI "updates" broke my idealism. Now it just feels like they are trying to reinvent a wheel. In fact, I sent my Jolla to maintenance (again) few days ago because of accidental rebooting (yep, again). I have been using a Nokia 3109c as my main phone for a month now, and I'm not sure if I need a smartphone anymore...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
What about that Partner space? There has not been much information about that (or at least I haven't seen it), just some quick peeks in hands-on videos. But my first thought was that Jolla is finally getting some bloatware content. Or is there going to be a possibility to choose the content of the partner space by user? Jolla published the contract they made with Snapdeal. Are we getting Snapdeal's hottest offers of the day to the partner space or what?
Doesn't fully answer all of your Qns, but some of what you ask is covered here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lK6YGriQ7g

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Doesn't fully answer all of your Qns, but some of what you ask is covered here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lK6YGriQ7g
I had watched this before, but now watched again and now understood better what Marc said about partner space content. And it actually looks like a nice idea, but they would need some more interesting partners (like Spotify or Netflix, as Marc said). Not very happy with a chance to check every morning what is on sale in Indian webstore Snapdeal...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
They said you can configure and even disable it.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I had watched this before, but now watched again and now understood better what Marc said about partner space content. And it actually looks like a nice idea, but they would need some more interesting partners (like Spotify or Netflix, as Marc said). Not very happy with a chance to check every morning what is on sale in Indian webstore Snapdeal...
It has been said that if one doesn't want to see these offers or if one doesn't use partner space at all, one can disable it. Then there are only events screen and open apps in that 'circle'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
As I understand it, it depends on how you obtained your Jolla device...

If you got it for ~15% cheaper through a special partner, then you'd be expected to put up with the partner screen (I'm sure there'll be unofficial workarounds, but I'm also sure they'll try to make it compelling so people won't be in a hurry to remove it), but if you paid for a normal Jolla device that's not from a partner bundle, then you won't have the screen, unless you want to hack it back in -for some reason.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-03-10 at 15:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet