Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Maybe there is the same sort of a ridiculous electronics import tax like what some south-American countries have ? Also I guess that it might be more expensive to handle warranty and general support all the way to Africa.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
how much does a motog 3G first-gen cost in Namibea?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Friday today 1 week before Easter.. So, let's see what happens till the end of the day. I believe it is good timing for getting the opt-in release out.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
While Jolla has publicly announced that they check this forum in addition to IRC and the dev mailing list, know that the official way of reporting issues is TJC. So, if you don't do it there, then you have to wait patiently, but most importantly you lose the right to complain about Jolla being slow at implementing xyz.
If you do complain you'll

a) have a phalanx of fanboys attack you for not sucking Jolla's bottom.

b) be banned for robustly defending your position.

I think pretty much all the issues I raised in December 2013/Jan 2014 are still unfixed, including Dave's issue with having to delete accounts to change settings if you got them wrong the first time.

16 months with a broken buteo sync framework, no working caldav, carddav, broken Exchange, broken Google Sync. It was one of the top issues voted for on TJC but not the easiest to fix.

TJC is massively broken. I wonder how much time is wasted pandering to the 'community' on minor issues instead of fixing the blockbusters.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
A lot of issues in TJC have been addressed - I personally raised a few and most if not all of them are already fixed. Of course YMMV and this depends on the complexity of the request, but TJC does work. I don't know that the competition has anything similar to be honest, and that's one of the reasons I don't get another phone.
And it's one of the reasons why my main phone is now an Android phone. Jolla are rudderless and relying on their community to steer is not working.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sailfish goes africa...Namibia. How much is 5200 NAD...well, its $432.20

Wait, I thought they were already in Namibia many months ago?
Or is this just the 1st time they've stitched up a deal with telcos in Namib, whereas before it was just retail sales?

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I wonder how much time is wasted pandering to the 'community' on minor issues instead of fixing the blockbusters.
This's actually prolly a very critical point, one they need to "go back to basics" on.
I'm not sure they must go as far as completely dismantling the model they have, but certainly there could be some heavy tinkering.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-03-27 at 16:16.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Wait, I thought they were already in Namibia many months ago?
Or is this just the 1st time they've stitched up a deal with telcos in Namib, whereas before it was just retail sales?

This is actually prolly a very critical point, one they need to "go back basics" on.
I'm not sure they must go as far as completely dismantling the model they have, but certainly there could be some heavy tinkering.
last year they announed we are in namibia. stay tuned for more news...

time pass
every 60 sec in africa a minute passes...
more time pass

and then, finally the news came yesterday

sale starts tomorrow!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-03-27 at 16:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
So who added the dave999=troll tag to this thread? I don't consider him a troll. Maybe overly engaged but not a troll. Plus it's just not very nice to tag someone like this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
not me, but i'm agree he is really a troll.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I agree too, but he's more of a light-hearted/silly troll...
Plus those tags just aren't conducive to a more relaxed env, I agree, so I've removed them.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
last year they announed we are in namibia. stay tuned for more news...
Pretty sure that's not right, pretty sure they did actually start selling some time last year.
AFAICT this latest development, is just about a tie-up with a telco...

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-03-27 at 18:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I agree too, but he's more of a light-hearted/silly troll...
Plus those tags just aren't conducive to a more relaxed env, I agree, so I've removed them.

Pretty sure that's not right, pretty sure they did actually start selling some time last year.
AFAICT this latest development, is just about a tie-up with a telco...
I'm more of a cheerleader for new devices, and software updates. Rock on weather you think I'm a troll or not. Be nice, and keep on rockin in a free world.

to me this seems to be the launch?
https://jolla.com/na/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: