In the beloved N900 you could install the holidays to the calendar as follows:

going on the website

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/holidays.html

choose the country that interests you,

selecting "open with calendar,"

choose the calendar to which you want to add holidays (N900 is generally synchronized - otherwise choose private or one that you've already created or will create a new one) and just made, the holidays have been added.

Personally I'd created a new calendar called "holidays", because then I could enable or disable it at will, and highlight the holidays in a different color in the widget and the calendar.

Now I wonder if you can also do this in ns. N9.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
What you need to do is sync your google calendar to your N9.

Assume you use google (unfortunately its part of our lives now).

Find the holidays calendar you want to use - UK/US public holidays etc through your Google Calendar. See this link.

Then use CalDav in Accounts to add your Google Calendar.

I saw a thread dedicated to this in TMO..Cant find it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Just download the file and open it. Click the Icon at the bottom to add the items. This is the theory

There is a small problem in the iCal function that will only add the first item of the calender file. Bug is reported to Nokia.

So the CalDav has to be a workaround. But hope this will be fixed in pr1.3 (or an update of pr1.2)

@DDH87

If I have understood correctly due to my bad English, then you are referring to Google Calendar and Caldav.

But synchronization interests me not because I want to insert only the holidays in the standard calendar or an extra-created calendar. So I want to know whether the method according to my first post works.

Last edited by delmar; 2012-03-28 at 06:16.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I succesfully managed to include holidays from Google with the following procedure:

- Export desired google holiday calendar into ical / ics -file
- Import it to your google calendar or make a new one and import
- Go to: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and select the calendars you want to sync
- Create a new CalDav account with your google credentials using URL: google.com
- Save CalDav and manually sync.

I had a problem with the initial sync which resolved itself by rebooting the N9.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I cannot get this to work and tried all the above. Still get the "Data storage full. Free up some space first" message.

It does add my google callendar in teh calendar but with no data and sync does nothing.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I cannot get this to work and tried all the above. Still get the "Data storage full. Free up some space first" message.

It does add my google callendar in teh calendar but with no data and sync does nothing.
Did you try rebooting your phone?

I had to reboot to make the sync work and get rid of that "Data storage full" message.

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
@DDH87

If I have understood correctly due to my bad English, then you are referring to Google Calendar and Caldav.

But synchronization interests me not because I want to insert only the holidays in the standard calendar or an extra-created calendar. So I want to know whether the method according to my first post works.
You did not understood.

The file you get from Mozilla is an iCal-file. Normally you can just add them to a calender. But the program that ads them to you calender has a bug. It will only add the first item of the file.

Google is a way to work around the bug but as I have sad it's a bit overkill.

Hope this will be fixed in 1.3 or an update of 1.2

Hope you can understand it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to DDH87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Tried re-boot and all sorts of options and device full is the message i get. i assume this means it is talking to Google as otherwise I would be getting a url or usewr/password error.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Tried re-boot and all sorts of options and device full is the message i get. i assume this means it is talking to Google as otherwise I would be getting a url or usewr/password error.
That's strange. To me rebooting the phone helped.