Active Topics

I got a new n9 from welelectronics which came with a health app and a bing.mp3 app. Do these apps come every n9?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post

...i think i have seen this linked already, but didn't understand why there is a little plastic cover to protect the lens? why is this on there? it wasn't when i bought the phone, it was just in a well fitting bag! all the others on eBay don't have this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Orig...item3f15645118
The chassis that I purchased also has this plastic protector. Its not permanently attached, I think its just there so that the area does not get scratched during assembly. After assembly they can be removed.

I haven't had the time to upload pics comparing my original Finland chassis and the one I purchased as I just moved house but I will try to upload them tonight.

Edit: Pics of my original Finland chassis and the new one purchased off ebay from this seller.. Original post about it can be found here.

The damage from the drop onto tarmac pics are at the beginning.Then the Finland chassis pics are first followed by the new chassis pics. You can notice the new chassis still has the protective plastic.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nosph3ratu; 2012-06-05 at 19:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nosph3ratu For This Useful Post:
If you look closely at the "Carl Ziess Tessar" font in my previous post you will notice that its different on the new chassis. I'm not sure if this is a new revision or it was made in China.

The rest of the new chassis is exactly the same as you can see below.
Attached Images

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
great photos! how easy did you find it to swap? I have bought the white housing as a backup as my black one is loosing its matt finish. I'm planning on swapping it once the black cover has got to a point where i'm not happy!

Originally Posted by libaax View Post
Did nokia made a white rubber case for the n9?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3cA...feature=b-vrec
Seems like an authentic white case that never made the light of day. I like the Nokia case because the material is of higher quality than the cheaper eBay ones.

Nosph3ratu, so you think it's genuine? I would have thought that the plastic wrappingit comes in would be different on a genuine housing - yours look like really thin, almost glad wrap type plastic

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
great photos! how easy did you find it to swap? I have bought the white housing as a backup as my black one is loosing its matt finish. I'm planning on swapping it once the black cover has got to a point where i'm not happy!
I haven't swapped as yet, I have the same idea as you and will swap if/when the current chassis is really damaged.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Nosph3ratu, so you think it's genuine? I would have thought that the plastic wrappingit comes in would be different on a genuine housing - yours look like really thin, almost glad wrap type plastic
As far as I can tell, its genuine. The only difference is the "Carl Ziess Tessar" font and most of the photo's I've seen online for comparison have the font from the new chassis. I'm guessing my Finland chassis is one of the original revisions. The buttons on the new chassis are actually perfect with no play at all and build quality is impressive. I cant say much more until I open up my current chassis and compare the insides but it is really well made.

The plastic wrapping is thin but its just there for no damage during installation. The chassis also came in two form fitting plastic bags, the outside one sealable. So the thin plastic is not really there for protection during shipping. These parts are not meant for the public and as such there's no "retail" packaging its just basic OEM type packaging.

Edit: Just found a good example of the font on the chrome strip from the new chassis its from an unboxing article for a white N9 here. So that makes me wonder... when did Nokia change the font on the chrome plate design and was my Finland chassis one of the first revisions? I prefer the font on my old chassis but I'll take no loose buttons over a font design any day
Attached Images

Last edited by Nosph3ratu; 2012-06-07 at 11:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nosph3ratu For This Useful Post:
Anyone here with any thoughts of the Noreve N9 flip cases?

After becoming concerned with reports that the Mekco cases are prone to leaving fine scratches on the sides of the White N9's, I had decided to seek out a Nokia CP-571 which seemed impossible(received the wrong case from 3 different sellers) so gave up on that.

Been looking at this one http://www.expansys.com/noreve-tradi...-beige-222565/ which should look lovely with the White N9, but would really like to know if the inside edges are hard plastic like the Melkco cases, or if they have a soft protection to the very edges of the phone?

Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
...Been looking at this one http://www.expansys.com/noreve-tradi...-beige-222565/ which should look lovely with the White N9, but would really like to know if the inside edges are hard plastic like the Melkco cases, or if they have a soft protection to the very edges of the phone?...
My wife is using that, on her Magenta. Yes, the side grips r pure hard plastic... but not tampered & hardened as the scene with metals... and her N9 is yet scratchless [5-months now].

Thus, this case do not seem to degenerate anything. And yes, it looks lovely.

Edit: Spell checked.

Last edited by qorax; 2012-06-26 at 16:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
hey guys i was looking on amazon and i saw that the white n9 is in stock, is it legit?
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N9-White...cm_cr-mr-title

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn