Active Topics

Notices

Hi,
You made the icedtea6 package also?
Why do you not create symlinks to the binaries into /usr/bin ?
Also, for Java GUI support, the Jalimo project has packages for the SWT. For deployment, you could use debian packages. the Jalimo page describes a maven plugin to make deb packages. SWT is good for a number of reasons, for example the eSWT works on Symbian mobile phones, and the SWT tables and event loop are closer to QT than Swing/AWT.

If you include the files from the SWT JNI package in jre/lib/arm and the jars from the SWT package in jre/lib/ext, SWT-based GUI apps work with java -jar. This Java developers can put into .desktop files in debian packages.
I have made this Java app that assumes java is in the path and swt installed. It works after the install of the Jalimo SWT example from here (Single Click Install link).

I have also tested it with an optified openjdk from debian sid, with SWT included.

No, I am not connected to any work on Icedtea or SWT in any way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I have both Sun JRE in eval period and icetea6 with MicroEmulator.
I run perfectly MobileCFF (Switzerland railways) with better text rendering with Sun JRE - I just guess included fonts are different.

Now I run JBenchmark for fun to compare both JVM.

Has anyone managed to get Java working in the browser? I changed the java path under about:config to /usr/bin/java but still a no go.

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Has anyone managed to get Java working in the browser? I changed the java path under about:config to /usr/bin/java but still a no go.
That would be wonderful, if possible.

I've already opened Java Applets with icedtea's AppletViewer and they work! So at least in theory, that would be possible.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Any plans on getting sun-java6-plugin (needs sun-java6-jre and sun-java6-bin) to work with this? Or is that impossible?

will runescape be able to play in future?

So does this mean. N900 will get Java Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I kind of able to get java running under microemulator. However, it runs in a tiny box about 1/4 of the size of the screen. Apparantly microemulator comes with 3 different skins, how do one change the skin or config to make it run full screen?

I have tried several apps, they ALL run well.

If I use command line, I got the error message: Fail to ......

Thanks

bun

N900/PR1.2/mmjre/icetea6

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-06-11 at 12:35.

Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
So does this mean. N900 will get Java Soon!!!!!!!!!!
No, it means N900 has had Java for a while. It now has, I believe, 3 JREs available: Jalimo, Icedtea, and now Sun's.