Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by cryostasis25 View Post
Running (Lates)Testing flavor and I noticed that the SMS messages keep on dissappearing.
I haven't seen it do that with the latest CSSU, but I've seen it do it before back in PR 1.2. It's an indicator that your sms database is corrupt. If you do a db dump/convert it usually fixes the problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I haven't seen it do that with the latest CSSU, but I've seen it do it before back in PR 1.2. It's an indicator that your sms database is corrupt. If you do a db dump/convert it usually fixes the problem.
Thanks will try that was about to flash my system and install the Testing CSSU again Additional Information about my CSSU version 21.2011.38-1maemo1.1

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Update to testing corrupted rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db here, too. It did not log phone calls anymore. Recovered as per previous posts recreating it via DB dump. Everything else seems ok.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
So, I did an apt-get update and installed the cssu-pr package to pull in the updates, and it all seems to be working well. I'm still seeing a bunch of packages showing up from the Nokia PR1.3.1 update (I think?). Is it safe after this update to pull these in too? If not, how can I get apt-get to ignore these? I'd hate to have to pin all of them. :P
I think it's okay to update - I did anyway, and haven't seen any issues. Those are just the various region-specific settings, so shouldn't have any conflict with the (global) CSSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
No problems so far. Email seems more stable and rotation snappier.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Update to testing corrupted rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db here, too. It did not log phone calls anymore. Recovered as per previous posts recreating it via DB dump. Everything else seems ok.
There's a race condition somewhere in the event logger code, where if you get calls or sms in just the right window it can screw up the database. I've had it happen a couple times before I updated to CSSU. It stopped happening for me when I removed the desktop conversation widget , along with several other problems, like hildon-desktop running at 100% randomly. I sometimes miss having that widget, but since I've disabled it, I've had 0 db corruptions and no random cpu spins from the desktop app.

One thing I did notice before disabling the widget: When I killed hildon-desktop or rebooted the device, as soon as the desktop came up again I'd get a sms message. That's what lead me to suspect sms reception was part of the desktop issues, and/or to try disabling the conversations widget.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Just to keep you up on the subject from the old thread:

I've had only one crash of email the whole week and didn't reboot for about 7 days. Seems it got fixed by deleting the local cache files.

Just as I was about to turn offline IMAP back on, the new release was available, so there's no reason to keep testing the old
Still I did delete the cache folders once more before turning offline IMAP back on. Haven't had any crashes the last 24h.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
How to change potrait walls for 9 desktops. Only 5 desktops can be changed.

CasTTeLLo

Is this normal? : The following packages have been kept back:
mp-fremantle-community-pr
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

CasTTeLLo

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
you have camera-ui2 installed right?...its normal...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing