Active Topics

Closed Thread
so am I correct that the cash(was it $1B or something like that) that Nokia got from the MS deal is pretty much all gone by now?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait... didn't you start with a declaration of that I should watch my mouth, assuming you meant some speculation portion that you didn't agree with only to do the very same thing just a paragraph or two later?

Attention and demand for iOS will invariably deflate at times, but as it stands, it's a solid top tier mobile OS in terms of percentage it's being currently developed on and people awaiting the next version of that mobile OS. Android's decline has been talked about, but so far what's rushing to take its place?.

Wait... didn't you start with a declaration of that I should watch my mouth, assuming you meant some speculation portion that you didn't agree with only to do the very same thing just a paragraph or two later?

> The windows phone argument seemed irrational. you made the argument it would fail down right and center, because people are not flocking to buy it yet.

the prediction i made was based on data provided externally, and by checking pattens and trends i concluded.

Actually the iOS point was not my own, i posted a Link, and read it several places,
1. Android Beats iOS in china.
2. Fall in share prices because of falling iphone sales.

> Notice, i said 50/50 chances for windows phone. I do believe they "CAN" do it. when android starts to decline

> Android decline? (Market satiation- No innovation)

> The android decline point. Yes, i "Believe" so. Give it time. But the argument can go both ways.

Why did i say android will decline and windows may grow? the same reason people who had an iphone let it to try android.

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-04-20 at 14:13.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post

the point is seeing Ios is going down, i still stand by my prediction Android is going to start declining soon. Just remember this comment when it starts happening. But hey, it's my prediction,could be true, could not, I like to believe it will be. The effect of over saturation.
(People will move to windows phone not because they like it, but because of over satiation)

Market saturation is the point a firm is is not generating anymore interest in a product.Android is almost at it's prime, I could be wrong, but so i think. Google has tried to avoid this but releasing a Nexus, one in a while. But there will be a point where people will see it's the same and thus go to windowsphone.

Don't get my wrong -- I am not saying windows phone is the best, i personally am not ready. I tried the lumia 800 but in the end the little things i cannot live with, But for the sake of seeing something different, and seeing how this competition will improve innovation, I want to see windows phone on the market.

I do believe Windows phone has a chance during this fall (Not the season -- when iOs and Android starts declining), but they need to be good, there so called Apollo needs to be really good. So I'm looking and watching... 50/50. Marketing needs to improve.

in the words of Panasonic Eluga - i wana know, what it feels like, I'm ready -- call me i'm ready to go.

50/50
You're making a few logical leaps there. The first one is that because iOS may or may not be declining(I am saying this because that could change after the Phone 5 comes out) then the same will happen to android.

The second one is that even if we assume that android will decline we don't know if WP will gain anything out of it. We're talking about an OS that has repeatedly failed to gain any traction. The latest proof of this is when Nokias CEO was working on his company best interest and took out symbian WP didn't gain ANYTHING out of it not only that but it actually lost market share since then.

The third and the worse assumption you make IMO is that the rise of WP will help competition and innovation. Nothing that includes microsoft will ever help competition. They have failed repeatedly to interest people so now they are suing everyone with bogus patents, buying out symbian, there's a rumor they want to buy a piece of RIM so another buy out might soon happen, Microsoft need to stay far far away from the Mobile market and roll over and die they belong in the 90's and early 00's where they bullied OEMs, train 3rd party resellers to bad mouth competitor OS and shove windows down everyones throat every way they could.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
You're making a few logical leaps there. The first one is that because iOS may or may not be declining(I am saying this because that could change after the Phone 5 comes out) then the same will happen to android.

The second one is that even if we assume that android will decline we don't know if WP will gain anything out of it. We're talking about an OS that has repeatedly failed to gain any traction. The latest proof of this is when Nokias CEO was working on his company best interest and took out symbian WP didn't gain ANYTHING out of it not only that but it actually lost market share since then.

The third and the worse assumption you make IMO is that the rise of WP will help competition and innovation. Nothing that includes microsoft will ever help competition. They have failed repeatedly to interest people so now they are suing everyone with bogus patents, buying out symbian, there's a rumor they want to buy a piece of RIM so another buy out might soon happen, Microsoft need to stay far far away from the Mobile market and roll over and die they belong in the 90's and early 00's where they bullied OEMs, train 3rd party resellers to bad mouth competitor OS and shove windows down everyones throat every way they could.
IOS point was from data different sources, Il try finding them.

At current, Iphone 4s in developed countries such as the US are declining, this is due to people looking for "4G" phones

iPhone sales to continue declining until ‘iPhone 5′ launch, Canaccord says

(Source)http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-sales-c...140012258.html

Apple shares fall

If what is said is true, that the iphone 5 is coming this September/Oct according to Foxconn. exc

(Source)-http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/09/apples-next-iphone-to-launch-in-october-according-to-foxconn-exec/

there are still 6 months before the Iphone 5 comes out. and this if windows phone improves, they have a chance, but they must be good.

The innovation i talked about is not Windows Innovation, but everyone innovating as a result of increased competition. At current they all do the same thing. I don't know if it's me but, it's only apple doing the innovating, then others follow, samsung bringing back the stylus is hardly innovation.

Last rumor I read was iPhone 5 with LTE in June...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2402524,00.asp

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Last rumor I read was iPhone 5 with LTE in June...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2402524,00.asp
Well someone in apple must be messing with us...

...another thing to remember about iOS: Apple's 25-30% market share is based on one company with one main product. Their margins blow the doors off of the larger market share owned by Android and nobody is in a position to create those kind of margins. So you have a hugely cash-flush company with a history of phenomenal execution. They may stumble, but I doubt it will be in the next 18-24 months.

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
...another thing to remember about iOS: Apple's 25-30% market share is based on one company with one main product. Their margins blow the doors off of the larger market share owned by Android and nobody is in a position to create those kind of margins. So you have a hugely cash-flush company with a history of phenomenal execution. They may stumble, but I doubt it will be in the next 18-24 months.
Oddly, Little Olde symbian is still going strong, Poor thing. but then again, symbian is not limited to only smartphones.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, there are falling stocks

Apple down 3% the last week (but up 44 % YTD)

and there are falling stocks

Nokia down about 7 % the last week and down 22% YTD

If things get worse and MS offers to buy Nokia as some have suggested than possibly Nokia stock will go up (but MS will probably go down).
If Nokia starts to turn it around and windows is selling than Nokia stock will go up.

So is now the time to buy?

If MS makes for a buy-out of Nokia after Elop got in their and killed the company I would hope for a thorough investigation. It would smell very rotten.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen