Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Texrat, I'm not going to leave you high and dry for the difficult feedback you expected ...

Why do you think

Trust = Success - People

?

Is it something that happened to you as a child?
I hate you.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Haha ah.. that's why. But surely the TV Out is intuitive? I thought it was just plug and go.
Sure it is. And if you want to burn your retenas with that 4ft cable then be my guest.

Not saying that a longer cable should be in there, but the ability to utilize the device when connected to a screen larger than 15in with a wireless input device should be doable without the user needing to edit a config file.

Now, I could propose that the TV-Out feature should append that config file for bluetooth accessory usage when the 3rd ring is "activated" for such usages... but that would be me thinking like a UX guy again

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Talk to the Gnome folks. In early 2008, they killed the bit that let earlier Maemo releases access your Windows shares. Best to work upstream, wot?
Gnome? Then is it possible to mount and access network file systems from a terminal?

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Sure it is. And if you want to burn your retenas with that 4ft cable then be my guest.
My television is less than 4ft in front of my couch. I just reduced the brightness. This also dramatically reduced the power it draws. The screen is 42 inches.
Not saying that a longer cable should be in there, but the ability to utilize the device when connected to a screen larger than 15in with a wireless input device should be doable without the user needing to edit a config file.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I hate you.
I'm hoping that's a cross between a compliment and "I'm not going to invite you to my birthday party."

Nice information to know. I'll keep an eye out to see if/how the situation improves with software updates.

off topic: I wonder if an n810-ish version of the n900 will be released *with the metal body* (I think that is what drew a lot of people to my n810 - the shiny metal really adds a "polished" look). I was slightly disappointed when I saw the n900 wouldn't have any sort of metal body option.

The Following User Says Thank You to elimoon8 For This Useful Post:

Does this even go in this thread or one of those other ones?

why not make the camera button a hardware call button. Its useless right now other than with the camera app up. Without it up it just asks u to slide the camera open.

Not that i find it too hard to call someone. Start typing name, click name, click call.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vodrin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
Not that i find it too hard to call someone. Start typing name, click name, click call.
The point is about getting there, especially if the phone has fallen asleep.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can't argue with honesty from an user that I would think is more fair in their summation than the hard right or hard left.

Hearing less tech specs and hearing about actual use is what I liked about this one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
leaving rat droppings, the rat is at it again, what am i at?? :p