Active Topics

Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
Sacal, as far as I'm aware - from the Sygic site - the AU/NZ maps are from Navteq.
Thanks.
The last line of the ".mlm" file specify the maps provider:

Navteq - maps=NT: .........
TeleAtlas - maps=TA: .........

Any way i have tried sygic V10 with Android TeleAtlas maps (as in my region TeleAtlas is far superior to Navteq) but i couldn't activate the maps with my code - wrong code.

It seams that for N900 we are limited to Naveteq maps.
I almost can smell Nokia's hand on this.

Last edited by sacal; 2010-09-22 at 11:31.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
You could be right mate - for the life of me, I cannot imagine why Sygic have not offered this solution, as it is as straightforward as it gets.

cheers

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

hi! Does anyone knows if it is possible to use the older navteq maps with the sygic 10 software? The reason i want to do this is because in the new maps there is almoust no coverage for Romania and the older version has 98% coverage (i have been using that map only on symbian).

Thank you!

there is a nokia bluetooth gps dongle called the ld4w. it is a gps dongle that u can put on your keyring that connects to your phone by bludtooth. it gets a better satellite signal than the internal gps. unfortunately it only seems to swork with sygic the very first time u load sygic up. after that it does not work ie sygic says it cant find the satellites. not sure if anyone else has the ld4w and experienced the same thing.

Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
Not certain what you mean there mate. I just start the Sygic application, the GPS locates the satellites and away we go. I have disabled Assisted-GPS / Network assistance on my N900, so it is all run with the internal GPS.

Is there something that I'm missing?

cheers

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Another week or so and plenty of use without any issues. Good gear this.

cheers

I can also confirm that android maps work just fine with Sygic for maemo.

AND VERY GOOD NEWS is that you dont need to buy 2 different sets of maps to get it to work.

Simply download Sygic applications only (without any maps) from Nokia Ovi Store the application itself is free. Install it, once you start it it will say no maps available.

Then simply go to Sygic website & purchase Australia & NZ maps for Android. Once you download those copy all contents of maps folder into maps folder on your n900 (connect N900 in mass storage mode).

Once copied simply unplug the N900 from your PC. These is no need to reboot, just start Maps application & follow instructions to activate your maps.

ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Regards

Do you think this works for any other Sygic maps? I notice that Sygic for Android is now called Aura rather than Sygic Maps. Is this what you used? Or is it ok if I purchase the Symbian maps?

Originally Posted by ashyu View Post
Do you think this works for any other Sygic maps? I notice that Sygic for Android is now called Aura rather than Sygic Maps. Is this what you used? Or is it ok if I purchase the Symbian maps?
Yes you cant get mobile maps for Android anymore, maps for windows mobile or Symbian should work just fine. When i downloaded android version a while ago, it was just a universal file for windows mobile, android & symbian all the same zip file. The actual maps folder was the same for all platforms. So 99.9% it will work!

Originally Posted by e363ma78 View Post
Yes you cant get mobile maps for Android anymore, maps for windows mobile or Symbian should work just fine. When i downloaded android version a while ago, it was just a universal file for windows mobile, android & symbian all the same zip file. The actual maps folder was the same for all platforms. So 99.9% it will work!
It didn't work for me. There seems to be two hurdles:

o Aura is a download from the Android App Market (MM10 was a download from sygic). I don't know how you get the file from the app market so the maps can be extracted. Anyone know?

o I tried my Aura activation code with AU/NZ maps from Android MM10 that I got from a friend. The activation code was invalid.

Maybe I can use the Aura maps with my Aura activation code on MM10, but I can't get the andriod install package.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has the same problem.

Stu

The Following User Says Thank You to vegie_stu For This Useful Post: