Notices

I have not updated to last CSSU yet. Version on repos still uses standard mobility libs, 0.2.0 attached above 1.1.
Try running app from terminal with "/opt/internetradiowidget/internetradiowidget" to get eventual error messages.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
My mistake - it works. I had deleted my stations file and recreated it by copying urls from mediaplayer. IRW does not like .pls in the url ie. "http://ancientfm.com:7066/listen.pls" will not play but "http://ancientfm.com:7066" will. Problem is that the icon responds as if playing but no sound.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I really like this application. I think it would be nice if this could develop into a bigger app with the possible to change channels from the app. Like the FM transmitter application. Maybe feeds within the app with information about artist and song.

Yeah,that'd be great

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Problem is that the icon responds as if playing but no sound.
There is no check about the correct streaming playback start, I'll put it into todos.

@ datjomp: I had already tought about an internet radio player, with all metadata readings, lyrics of the current Song etc.
I'll keep this just a simple widget anyway.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
IRW is quite similar in philosophy to a minimal tray app for Gnome (Gnu-linux) called radiotray. The only functionality I miss is easier station selection. But the current Desktop Menu method is ok.

I am stupid: how does one get multiple desktop icons for those station you want there? ie. the multi settings.....

tnx

PS It took a while but after a reboot the entry reappeared in the widget selection list so now I can place multiple copies of IRW on the desktoo.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-06-03 at 01:09.

Nice work. It works quite well. The big icon is excellent to control in the car.

The only thing i miss is 'headphone daemon' which will automatically stop the audio when headphone is plugged out.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
FYI: The widget crashes if InternetRadioWidgetStations.txt contains empty lines inbetween items.
Also, the use of '-' as a delimiter is not advisable, as people can't then use them in descriptions.

Do you intent to upload 0.2.0 to the repository at all?

Thanks for the reports. Right now I have no time at all, and my list of maemo/meego todos keeps growing...

I won't upload 0.2.0 to the repository, I have problems with latest QtCreator managing projects to send to autobuilder.

I also tried building this project yesterday after your pm but I kept getting errors.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: