Closed Thread
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I finally solved #138 - Google Drive.

I packaged the GDriveFS and its dependencies and you can find it on OpenRepos.

You can now access Google Drive as it was a folder on your phone - open documents, upload/download files just by copying them back and forth, etc. It works fine with the File Manager and FileTug, but hangs with Cargo Dock.

I hope others will find it useful. At least for me, it also removed the need to have Google Play Services installed (even though I temporarily stopped using Google Drive just to avoid installing that).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
just wondering.. is there a Google Hangouts app? (yes yes I know, why not use whatsapp instead? coz I have a diff group of friends that use hangouts)

currently using the android one and (unsure if its just me but..) this rarely ever updates...
for example.. ill open the app.. don't see any messages.. so I go into the group chat and I start typing, after a few minutes I will notice that there has been a convo happening for the last hour already!!!
and so I go and reply.. I sit there and wait for a response.. and never get a response

its only till almost another hour before the app 'refreshes' itself and then I can see everyones response to my message from an hour ago

A new homescreen interface to replace lipstick . since glacier home is on halt , their is no alternative or new homescreen to try

Originally Posted by toki View Post
just wondering.. is there a Google Hangouts app? (yes yes I know, why not use whatsapp instead? coz I have a diff group of friends that use hangouts)

currently using the android one and (unsure if its just me but..) this rarely ever updates...
for example.. ill open the app.. don't see any messages.. so I go into the group chat and I start typing, after a few minutes I will notice that there has been a convo happening for the last hour already!!!
and so I go and reply.. I sit there and wait for a response.. and never get a response

its only till almost another hour before the app 'refreshes' itself and then I can see everyones response to my message from an hour ago
There is hangish https://openrepos.net/content/daniele/hangish.

You have to leave it open to receive messages. But even if you close it and then open it, it will load all messages, no delay as in the Android app with Jolla.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
Native anki would be really nice to help me study.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luke_dirtwalker View Post
There is hangish https://openrepos.net/content/daniele/hangish.

You have to leave it open to receive messages. But even if you close it and then open it, it will load all messages, no delay as in the Android app with Jolla.
tried installing hangish... when I logged in.. it kept saying error when I tried typing message
then it forced close on me
and now when I try to re-open.. it has the spinning wheel saying "logging in" and it does nothing..

when I tried uninstall and reinstall it auto goes to the "logging in" wheel

how do I clear it so it doesn't save my credentials (so that I can re-try putting all my info in) (actually.. would that even help with my issue?)

is there a thread for hangish? eep

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Germany
Hmm ... a further messaging application - native Threema.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forb'S For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
kodi aka xbmc would be excellent (the whole app, not remote)

Last edited by hhbbap; 2015-05-20 at 17:40. Reason: Adding info

The Following User Says Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Originally Posted by forb'S View Post
Hmm ... a further messaging application - native Threema.
i agree.Threema would be very nice

Anyone suggested a calendar app based on GPECalendar on N900.
I always relied on that for appointments, to-dos and events management.

Preferably a native Sailfish app.

Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish