Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Fellfrosch, I think where mosen is coming from is this. The funds collected through this thread are a windfall. Cepi never asked for them (too humble for that) and as such they came unexpected. Ergo, it makes sense to assume that his essentials are accounted for and to suggest spending the extra funds on unexpected expenditure, such as two pieces of hardware instead of one. And he asked explicitly to disregard the suggestion if the assumption was wrong.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Sorry if what I said sounded harsh. That wasn't my intention.
Of course Cepi can do with the donations what ever he likes. It's his money. We donated for the work he has done and we are hoping all that he continues his work.

Nevertheless I wanted to point out, that I don't find it reasonable to spend a lot of money for things which are not really necessary. I never questioned if a smartphone make sense or not. Of course it makes sense. It brings fun and keeps you in contact, that's part of life.

I just questioned if it's reasonable to buy two smartphones. And I suggested to buy the cheaper one. Because obviously the financial situation isn't that brilliant at the moment.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepiperez, donation, fundraising, we need help