Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
sure we all saw the YouTube video of jolla running on an n950 and im especially happy with its ability to run android apps but common..we should all agree its taking a bit too long and they have no reason to do anything for the n9. because it is a Nokia product and with the bad blood for nokia and all. if at all were a priority were last on the list and by last i mean even before laundry . i re-flashed my phone a while back to purge nit-droid cause lets face it its useless just for show off. tho its a major show off. but i think jolla might leave us hanging so we shouldn't get our hopes too high

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chiagn900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
There's the veteran of mobile and tech forums post in me that says this thread is nothing but bait... here's your big fish

Software works when it does. If you take the time and do it right, it will last longer than the ego and patience of the user. If you rush, them you need to build customer support and user communities to clean up your mess.

For Jolla you have a choice, have it done well, or have it done quick. Live with your choice, but unless you are an investor or team developer, what you live with is a lot less painful than the heel bruises you get as you jump up and down for wanting it now.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
yh but were all developers . we dont even like things perfect or well all be using an iphone 4s.. we prefare em build to perfection.. it already ran on an n950.. the right thing to do is to build a demo while building the ailfish for there device we test it n report to them.. thre the team that originally built the n9 . if they wanted to they could have by now

The Following User Says Thank You to chiagn900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Jolla is late to market. I think jolla left their own market plan and trying to even manage to get something to the market. They are slow and very much delayed. Jolla don't compete with iOS and Android. Actually it's a tizen vs jolla since both trying to break in Asia. The one that makes it to market first will rule the world.

Personally I'm looking for a sailfish phone and ubuntu tablets beside my androids. But if tizen comes before jolla I probably pick up a tizen device. Jolla must release something sooooon. Before it's too late.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jolla is late to market. I think jolla left their own market plan and trying to even manage to get something to the market. They are slow and very much delayed. Jolla don't compete with iOS and Android. Actually it's a tizen vs jolla since both trying to break in Asia. The one that makes it to market first will rule the world.

Personally I'm looking for a sailfish phone and ubuntu tablets beside my androids. But if tizen comes before jolla I probably pick up a tizen device. Jolla must release something sooooon. Before it's too late.
Even though, a beta would be nice to install (if someone did N900 hw adaptation)

/edit: yeah but jolla better make it shine and w/o bugs, as they're not microsoft and won't get great superb results from buggy OS

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-03-30 at 18:51.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Taking long? You're kidding right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Kids are kidding

Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
sure we all saw the YouTube video of jolla running on an n950 and im especially happy with its ability to run android apps but common..we should all agree its taking a bit too long and they have no reason to do anything for the n9. because it is a Nokia product and with the bad blood for nokia and all. if at all were a priority were last on the list and by last i mean even before laundry . i re-flashed my phone a while back to purge nit-droid cause lets face it its useless just for show off. tho its a major show off. but i think jolla might leave us hanging so we shouldn't get our hopes too high
I don't really get the point here, if there is one?

They have no bad blood with Nokia at all and have many times said they would love to partner with Nokia. Nokia brought much of the cash to the company via the bridge project and build the foundation that Sailfish is build upon, something that Dillon thanked Nokia just 3 weeks ago on a interview.

That being late is so ******** and gets repeated to useless levels. If you have something that brings the customer added value compared to competitors, then it's not late.
Of course nobody should get hyped up too much, they are a startup of 60 people. Chill out and see the results when they are out and see what you think.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
People are thinking that it's going to come down out of the blue. Come on guys have some respect! It's been like 5-6 month since we saw the first demo and they said that the devices will be out approx. in summer 2013. in my honest opinion thats very very fast.

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-05-30 at 06:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Software works when it does. If you take the time and do it right, it will last longer than the ego and patience of the user. If you rush, them you need to build customer support and user communities to clean up your mess.
This is what the N9's biggest mess came from... Doing it right the first time. It wasn't.

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
For Jolla you have a choice, have it done well, or have it done quick. Live with your choice, but unless you are an investor or team developer, what you live with is a lot less painful than the heel bruises you get as you jump up and down for wanting it now.
The more time they take the better it works, I can wait a few years if Jolla can replace ios or android... I'd prefer that to what Nokia did to us with the N9.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4