Active Topics

My N9 had 3G connected constantly for about a day. Later, while I was downloading a file (about 150 MB), the phone turned off without any warning.
It refused to turn on after that. Thinking it needed a recharge, I let it charge for half an hour, only to find disappointment later.
Somehow it struck me to remove the SIM and then try. It worked!

So, now the situation is if I insert any SIM card (of any telecom service), the phone will start finding the network, and then immediately turn off without any warning.
However, if I insert a SIM in flight mode, N9 will stay alive. Apparently, finding the network does the toll on my phone.

I have also tries resetting as well as flashing the phone (zero flash). No gain.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is there any solution to it (hopefully other than replacing some hardware) ?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MrBhoot View Post
My N9 had 3G connected constantly for about a day. Later, while I was downloading a file (about 150 MB), the phone turned off without any warning.
It refused to turn on after that. Thinking it needed a recharge, I let it charge for half an hour, only to find disappointment later.

So, now the situation is if I insert any SIM card (of any telecom service), the phone will start finding the network, and then immediately turn off without any warning.
However, if I insert a SIM in flight mode, N9 will stay alive. Apparently, finding the network does the toll on my phone.

I have also tries resetting as well as flashing the phone (zero flash). No gain.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is there any solution to it (hopefully other than replacing some hardware) ?
If reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't help you, then its most likely broken sim slot, which needs to be fixed by Nokia Care center.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

If your mobile phone without card call 112 also shut down,It was the case with me.The engineer said it was the hardware circuit problem.

Originally Posted by Qiansumo View Post
If your mobile phone without card call 112 also shut down,It was the case with me.The engineer said it was the hardware circuit problem.
I checked it out and shockingly, it turns off. It seems you are right. Do I assume that you had done a zero flash (----erase-user-data=secure) prior to showing it to your engineer?

Also, did you get the circuit replaced? How much did it cost?

I am afraid that service won't be available in India - "Foreign phone - no spare parts available was the reason given by Nokia Care.
In that case, could you guide me to a better, feasible way to get this replaced?

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
If reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't help you, then its most likely broken sim slot, which needs to be fixed by Nokia Care center.
As a last-ditch effort, I will try this tomorrow night and post the result here. I dont think it will work, however. @Qiansumo's diagnosis worked in my phone. So it might be a hardware circuit failure, after all.

Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems.
As a last-ditch effort, I will try this tomorrow night and post the result here. I dont think it will work, however. @Qiansumo's diagnosis worked in my phone. So it might be a hardware circuit failure, after all.

Reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't work,because I tried many times.It will spend too much time to exam the wiring,In short,it is a quick question.Don't worry.
I checked it out and shockingly, it turns off. It seems you are right. Do I assume that you had done a zero flash (----erase-user-data=secure) prior to showing it to your engineer?

Also, did you get the circuit replaced? How much did it cost?

I am afraid that service won't be available in India - "Foreign phone - no spare parts available was the reason given by Nokia Care.
In that case, could you guide me to a better, feasible way to get this replaced?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Damm people and damm countrys if u know this isint a problem as its solved by checking continuity in circurity by replacing just a restior
btw you guys really dont have shops that repair mobile phones??

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by Qiansumo View Post
Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems.
Did u get it fixed, I am also facing the same issue now.

awaiting for your reply

Originally Posted by getvasanth View Post
Did u get it fixed, I am also facing the same issue now.
awaiting for your reply
Yes,I get it fixed. Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems. Good luck!

Tags
sim card, switch off