Active Topics

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by john greg View Post
i just got the same problem, but i fixed it by just rebooting my phone using this command. you need to root it first.

/sbin/reboot
Hope it solves your problem
I did that on mine for a couple of times and worked until one day it died

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Just in case you can't read...
"Perhaps it would be a good idea to test this behaviour with DC adapter connected before rushing out to buy a new battery? I'll try it soon and let you know."
I was Just asking if he had already tested it
Sorry for that wayyyy too late answer, but inserting SIM card with fully charged battery and DC adapter connected yielded no improvement at all, N9 still restarts or switches off :-( If I find free time I'll try to repair SIM slot as it is available on below images found on the net, but it won't happen soon I'm afraid:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
Hi all, I'm new on this forum.
I want to thanks everybody for your help on other topics, I often come to find answers here.

SO...
I have the same problem with my N9. I installed the 005 variant and the CMT from variant 003 but when I activate my SIM card with the PIN code my phone switchs off. OK.

Then when I pr​​ess the power button the LED at the bottom left lights​ one time. A long press reboot the phone normally.

Rebooting the phone using the /sbin/reboot command doesn't solve the problem...

Do you think I should try to flash the CMT from an older version of the variant and is it possible ? (DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_003-OEM1-958_ARM.bin)

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Im writting this in 2018-04-23

3 days ago i Recieved new genuine n9. Everything is looking fine.
Today morning I saw my nokia turned off. After connecting to the charger phone wouldn't react. After few hours of charging phone turned on and after few seconds turned off again. I have exactly same problem with simcard.

And you guys talk about new battery flashing and so on when the new unit faceing the same problem.

Seriously guys something has to be done and quickly instead of loosing good phone ability to... phone....

I even bought new simcard, still, no chagne...

Last edited by Ridd92; 2018-04-23 at 20:20.

Originally Posted by Ridd92 View Post
I'm writing this on 2018-04-23
3 days ago i Received new genuine n9. Everything is looking fine.
Battery could however still have been stored for 5 years by now and never really coming back to life.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
So what? Should I assume that my battery is broken/ weared off in some way? Phone was working for few days and turned off beeing connected to wall charger. Still the device without sim card runs 2 days without charging and under heavy use. No battery problems, no any other issues involving battery.

Please guys stop guessing. How is that even possible to kill battery voltage when connecting to gsm network?

Please continue with me as we do. I will buy new battery if you can provide me with good supplier.

And I can only assume that my spent money = wasted money.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Ridd92 View Post
Please guys stop guessing. How is that even possible to kill battery voltage when connecting to gsm network?
Guessing is the only thing we can do, given the information available.

Connecting to a GSM network = a large spike in current drain. Just inserting the SIM card on its own should do nothing of the sort, but inserting the SIM card and connecting to the network is a different issue.

I've had a case of a dodgy battery once. Rather than repeating myself, here are two links to my previous posts:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...44#post1424244
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...94#post1441194

I will buy new battery if you can provide me with good supplier.
Sorry, I cannot provide a supplier but a new battery is definitely worth a shot. I would have expected you to do that first, before buying a new phone. A new battery would be much cheaper.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
(...)Sorry, I cannot provide a supplier but a new battery is definitely worth a shot. I would have expected you to do that first, before buying a new phone. A new battery would be much cheaper.
Yeah, problem is, this is a new phone, so i kind of just bought one. I will try the battery thing first. Hope it will fix this problem. Any change that flash would help? This unit got chinesse/japanesse soft in it.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
A Chinese "new" is usually nothing of the sort. It is most likely a refurbished unit sold as new.

I have an N9 but I cannot claim to be an expert and I have never flashed it. But from what I have read on this forum, images come with version numbers and it is not possible to downgrade. Unfortunately, within the same release, different language variants are part of the version number and Chinese is the highest. In other words, you may be stuck with the Chinese soft.

A Chinese "new" is usually nothing of the sort. It is most likely a refurbished unit sold as new..
Yeah, I was hopeing it's not the case. I've already disassembled the unit. Everything looks like it's new but probably due to hard cleaning. Now I slowly realizing it is not new unit as I found the scratch inside the case. I believe new units don't have marks like this.

New battery it is. I will do it and report it here but not soon as my free time of work is coming to an end.

Anyway thanks for help. I don't care about the unit beeing new or not. I would be glad if it will be working again.

(...)In other words, you may be stuck with the Chinese soft.
No no english is possible, But soft seems to have some kind of asian layer.

Tags
sim card, switch off