Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Pretty certain they stated some time ago that the launch tablets would come with 1.1.9.28, not 1.2
But if they tell they already software, maybe they want to save it. It always makes people more happier to get update for new gadget. Feels good.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
@mattaustin: Is there no Jolla logo/engraving on the Lastucase as promised?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
@mattaustin: Is there no Jolla logo/engraving on the Lastucase as promised?
No engraving, but I also don't recall ever reading it was to be engraved?

There is an engraving! It's an engraved Jolla logo, in the bottom-left. It's quite small and not very visible though (at least on mine, because there is darker wood in that corner).

Last edited by mattaustin; 2015-10-09 at 12:15.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
looks like this will be a hot Monday!
Review Jolla posted a rough shipping Table
Im not sure how to tell the time for the order? I had a "thanks for your support... you purchased a Jolla Tablet ..." email on 19/11/14 at 12:22 (UTC +1) so I guess Im in the third row, which means I might expect something "Early to mid November" . Based on previous dates, do you think this will be just before or after Christmas?

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Ah, Amazon must be doomed! They never include chargers with their Kindles...

Or maybe they're just doing the right thing to reduce package size and electronic waste.
Both of my Kindle Paperwhites came with chargers ...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
New tablet documents available at the Jolla help site! The main one is the tablet User Guide:

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...let-User-Guide

Here's a few tidbits I found interesting. On charging the tablet:

Charge the device by connecting the micro-USB cable to a USB charger which is connected to an AC power outlet.

You can charge the device with a computer too, but if the battery has discharged completely, the power output from the PC may not be strong enough to wake up the battery. Thus we recommend to use charger with minimum 2A output.
On replacing the internal battery:

Do not attempt to replace the internal battery

Replacement of the internal rechargeable battery must be carried out by a Jolla-authorised repair facility or a Jolla-authorised technician. Jolla-authorised repair facilities or technicians recycle Jolla batteries in accordance with local laws and regulations.
On inserting a MicroSD card:

Inserting memory card:

1. turn off the device
  2. insert the memory card with metal connectors facing upwards. Push inside until hearing a click sound.
  3. turn on the device
  4. see that files show up in their locations, and this can take a while if there are many files on the memory card

If you insert an empty memory card on your Jolla, you device does nothing. Currently, the only way for your device to see that the memory card is working, is to have some files on it.
Some other documents include a description of the tablet's buttons, and how to use the tablet's recovery mode.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
The microSD procedure seems odd.
The cards should be hot-pluggable.
It is true that the in the phone you have to remove the battery to insert the card, so maybe this is only temporary (e.g. due to indexing only working on devices mounted at boot time).

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
No engraving, but I also don't recall ever reading it was to be engraved?

There is an engraving! It's an engraved Jolla logo, in the bottom-left. It's quite small and not very visible though (at least on mine, because there is darker wood in that corner).
Ohu damn I was to fast and just submitted a request to Jolla care to get a Jolla engraved Lastu case.

And the Lastu case has also a small magnet, right?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund