Active Topics

Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

I can not donate right now but I hope to have the needed money for hthe whole unit next year (a few people need to fulfill their promisses for that) so will there be a chance to buy a device later - I mean for people who didn't make a donetion right now? Or all the neo900 will be prepared for the preorders and there will be no on the shelf units.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Can someone explain the logo to me please. Why is the screaming phoenix going back into the fire? Shouldn't it be rising from the ashes? I don't want this project to crash and burn. Thanks in advance.

http://static.neo900.org/openphoenux.png
Pretty offtopic, but... wow, strange interpretation I always thought that at the bottom there's a tail, and the head is on top The video follows that idea

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I can not donate right now but I hope to have the needed money for hthe whole unit next year (a few people need to fulfill their promisses for that) so will there be a chance to buy a device later - I mean for people who didn't make a donetion right now? Or all the neo900 will be prepared for the preorders and there will be no on the shelf units.
See the new http://neo900.org/#donate

I think the fundraiser will be still open for next few months.

Last edited by dos1; 2013-11-04 at 14:25.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
How many n900 case can you get. I mean, is there a stock of 200 n900 cases somewhere? I'mnot yet sure I want to give up my original n900. So if everybody wants new Case... Can that be Handled.?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-04 at 21:36.

can i donate my phone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdato For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
@ Joerg:
Has there been any update on the FPTF?
TMO is fairly quiet, seems like most of the discussion is taking place on IRC (or something)?
Last news you popped in with was Maemo booted from a 3.x.x kernel?

Any good news?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I have a question about functionality: when considering modem options, do you have MMS messages support in mind? I know they might be not really popular in some countries (even in mine - they're relatively expensive) and even N900 didn't support them at the start (not to say it never officially supported these - you need extra fmms package, but Nokia provided some binary blob middleware to help Frals achieve that afaik), but sometimes I need to use these. Even an equivalent of that package/set of interfaces would be sufficient, as fMMS would be able to use it then. I've searched this thread for "mms", googled "gta04 mms" and looked for "mms" in http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo9...easibility.pdf , but found nothing... Sorry if it is a silly question

By the way, I had some problems with donation (due to stupidity of some banking systems when it comes to interpreting my address) and found a little bug/glitch in Payment status/confirmation page, I emailed them both to email provided on that same page (it started with "sales", not "info") - should I resend this email to info AT ... or should I just patiently wait for few more days?

edit: of course I'm not asking about the Fremantle libraries part, I'm asking about the very basic pure-linux part (some support in kernel driver or something - unless the "usual" data connection interface like for gprs isn't sufficient for this task - I'm not an expert here and don't know how much special is MMS access point type), which I guess would have to be done by your company and could be also used by other linux distros.

Last edited by misiak; 2013-11-04 at 22:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I have a question about functionality: when considering modem options, do you have MMS messages support in mind? I know they might be not really popular in some countries (even in mine - they're relatively expensive) and even N900 didn't support them at the start (not to say it never officially supported these - you need extra fmms package, but Nokia provided some binary blob middleware to help Frals achieve that afaik), but sometimes I need to use these. Even an equivalent of that package/set of interfaces would be sufficient, as fMMS would be able to use it then. I've searched this thread for "mms", googled "gta04 mms" and looked for "mms" in http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo9...easibility.pdf , but found nothing... Sorry if it is a silly question
One should be able to implement MMS support with freesmartphone.org stack, however I'm not aware of any implementation existing right now.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
By the way, I had some problems with donation (due to stupidity of some banking systems when it comes to interpreting my address) and found a little bug/glitch in Payment status/confirmation page, I emailed them both to email provided on that same page (it started with "sales", not "info") - should I resend this email to info AT ... or should I just patiently wait for few more days?
If you sent it earlier than today and still haven't got a reply, then please resend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
MMS is a matter of having a second data connection aka APN on modem. Our modems will support this I guess. So the rest is just a question of userland (fmms). The problem with N900 BB5 modem been that ISI didn't support that OOTB, so fmms had to find a way around it.
/j

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
@ Joerg:
Has there been any update on the FPTF?
Sorry I am recently too busy to follow what the FPTF guys are doing. There's a RE FOSS implementation of MCE. Kernel work in progress. Ask on #maemo-ssu
/j

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Got my €100 donation/preorder in (with the help of an SSH proxy). This project is truly amazing and in the end it became an easy decision to back this over Jolla.

I'm a little concerned that neo900.org visitors who don't frequent this thread will see the progress bar complete and think that we aren't in need of any more donations.

Could we get a progress bar for the "plus one digit" challenge?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!