Active Topics

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Somebody had to do it; might as well be me. I snagged the USB cord and pulled my N800 off the desk. The built-in desk stand took the impact and broke at one of the pivot points. No other damage - the system still works perfectly, but the stand is no longer stable.

It's Sunday night, so I can't call Nokia until tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I'm wondering what experiences you've had with Nokia service, in particular:

(1) The printed warranty excludes accidental damage - how strict are they about interpreting this?

(2) What turnaround time have you seen for repairs? (I'm in the U.S.)

The stand would be very easy to replace - just two tiny Torx screws (I'd guess T4) hold it to the body. I'm not optimistic about the service center sending out the part, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. And be careful with those cords!

1-888-NOKIA-2U says there are no local service centers anywhere near me. I need to ship the unit to Huntsville AL and wait 7-10 days for turnaround. Just when we were starting to have fun ... *sigh*

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I think Nokia suport SUCKS, I have never had a worse support experiences in my life. After 5.5 weeks with my 770 in repair, I broke down and took the $240 cash settlement and bought a N800. I also sent in my Nokia phone recently. I recieved it back in about a week. GREAT, uh no, they did not fix it. I call in to Nokia and they say I should send it in again. I said OK, but Nokia will pay for shipping right. NO SHIPPING, NO REPLACMENT, I am so glad I bought the replacemnt warranty from COMPUSA for the N800. I will never buy another Nokia phone ever, whether I jump to UMPC when the N900 comes out, probably not, but you never know.

They just piss me off, like only a woman can (no offense to any women)

Advice? Yes, prepare to be disapointed!!!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Cupertino, CA
Originally Posted by jpj View Post
Somebody had to do it; might as well be me. I snagged the USB cord and pulled my N800 off the desk. The built-in desk stand took the impact and broke at one of the pivot points. No other damage - the system still works perfectly, but the stand is no longer stable.
Nuts. I just did the same thing. Did you have any luck getting Nokia to just send you a replacement stand?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ New York City
I am beginnng to get the double bork. See this: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...4067#post34067

Repair Status Results
The repair status of your phone is:
Upon inspection by the Nokia Authorized Service Center, your Nokia N800 device, serial number XXXXXXX, was determined to be out of warranty. Generally devices are deemed out of warranty due to either liquid/physical damage or the warranty coverage time period has expired. Please contact the Nokia Authorized Service Center below to receive an out of warranty repair quote or to have your unrepaired phone returned to you.

Palco Customer Service:

Repair History:
Status Date Status
02/02/2007 Device is Out of Warranty
02/02/2007 Received
This information is provided as a courtesy. All information is provided "as is". It may not reflect the most current status of your repair.

The N800 has two weeks warranty? Is that even legal?

It has 12 months

Originally Posted by Dolske View Post
Nuts. I just did the same thing. Did you have any luck getting Nokia to just send you a replacement stand?
Surely you jest... Nobody's gonna do that; it's just too sensible.

They signed for my incoming delivery on January 27 and STILL haven't even entered my unit in the repair database. Who knows how much longer I'll have to wait before being told it's my own fault and not covered.

Good luck, man, you're going to need it. Either that, or learn to live with the broken stand. *sigh*