Active Topics

I would like to rename my radio stations instead of having it display the ip address or something. How can I do this? and can it also display what song is playing at the moment like when I use winamp for internet radio?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Cupertino, CA
I noticed the same thing, and couldn't find a way to change the displayed name. I wrote about it as one of the quirky things that just wasn't implemented very well.

I presume there's support for it (even if there isn't a UI), because the station included by default has a nice non-URL name. Now that I've got xterm installed, I should poke around and see where the data's stored...

As for the track title (and other station metadata), I wonder if that might be a limitation of the particular stream format. It seems to be a common problem, even with other players/platforms.

I haven't looked, but there's probably an xml file (or some other type of file) where the info is stored, so we need a little application to edit/maintain it.. (which should be safer than hacking the file with vi..)

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by Dolske View Post
I noticed the same thing, and couldn't find a way to change the displayed name. I wrote about it as one of the quirky things that just wasn't implemented very well.

I presume there's support for it (even if there isn't a UI), because the station included by default has a nice non-URL name. Now that I've got xterm installed, I should poke around and see where the data's stored...

As for the track title (and other station metadata), I wonder if that might be a limitation of the particular stream format. It seems to be a common problem, even with other players/platforms.
I found track title info will display on gentoo with VLC but not on N800 with Media Player (same station). I suspect the Media Player. Is there a VLC for N800?

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I found track title info will display on gentoo with VLC but not on N800 with Media Player (same station). I suspect the Media Player. Is there a VLC for N800?
Could you post a sample url?
I had the same problem! A newly added stream wasn't displayed with its title (only url was displayed). But opening the same stream from media library solved this and title info was updated.

Do you have this problem only with one radio stream or with all your streams?

Stream URLs stored as a playlist under 'favourites' at Audio Clips.

You can't edit this file directly because the file manager doesn't let you. Workaround is to start an xterm and use vi to edit ~user/MyDocs/.sounds/favourites.m3u

Before editing the file, back it up.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Could you post a sample url?
I had the same problem! A newly added stream wasn't displayed with its title (only url was displayed). But opening the same stream from media library solved this and title info was updated.

Do you have this problem only with one radio stream or with all your streams?
With all of them on N800, here are two sites: /http://fs-insidejazz.fast-serv.com:8000/

http://64.62.194.11:9010 . What do you mean by tile, name of station or song being played? I am talking about song being played. And what do you mean by "...But opening the same stream from media library solved this and title info was updated."

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
woz - that's for the 770.

On the N800 the favourites playlist is found in /home/user/.mediaplayer-engine/radiochannels.m3u

So how can I do it with my N800?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
This is a current shortcoming in N800. I submitted a request to correct this a while back and I believe a fix will be forthcoming.