Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Hi, all,

Will you install a my patched build of libhildondesktop0 package if it will be the only way for Telescope to manage notifications? Or it will be too bad way?
I'll be glad to install libhildon with all patches. Indeed, the right place to land all those patches is the community SSU, so we should lobby for that.
By the way, could you post your patch? I've already downloaded the other patches and want to rebuild a fully patched libhildon asap

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
maacruz
In libhildondesktop/hildon-desktop-notification-manager.c search for DBUS_NAME_FLAG_DO_NOT_QUEUE and replace it with DBUS_NAME_FLAG_ALLOW_REPLACEMENT.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
What about the 7 applets limit?

It is in libhildondesktop/hildon-desktop-panel-window-dialog.c:234

So I was searching the app manger for a new sb plugin I hadn't tried when I found the yet to be announced telescope launcher. Made a few changes to theme. Works great ! very snappy.

edit: omg look at the time ! ever since I removed the sb clock I am not getting any sleep, keep losing track of time

Last edited by giladmttw; 2010-08-05 at 23:21.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
yep, hacked hildon gives us so many oportunites to create UI improvements... mmm...

Can we hack hildon yo make bigger aarea for each icon, so it can be finger friendly? Oalso can we expand the status bar down instead longer? make a 2 by 7 box? Sorry to steer of topic...

I think all is possible after some amount of work on investigating hildon-desktop sources.

It seems that new thread should be created for this stuff

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
Can we hack hildon yo make bigger aarea for each icon, so it can be finger friendly? Oalso can we expand the status bar down instead longer? make a 2 by 7 box? Sorry to steer of topic...
We can do it without any hacking. I did it one time, but it looks ugly because it requares a custom backgrounds, etc

Kroll
Which hack do you mean, bigger icons or 2×7 grid?
As i remember from hildon sources, statusbar applets have hardcoded size of 40×50px.