Notices

Arrr! I tried to control the ship with the arrow now I understand it's with the accelerometer! I 'finished' the game now on two attemps. You sure should go to the Meego Coding Competition 2011 when you finish it, I'm sure you'll get plenty of votes, we need some good games like this one.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Just got through the last fifth level...
Here are my impressions:
The flashing on shooting could be sometimes really annoying, especially when i go crazy and try to shoot every single time i touch the screen(btw, I think the ship should shoot a bit more frequently, say 1,5 times more). But some ppl like the flashing (i personally like to do it with my n900... The graphics are great, exacltly what you are expecting to see, when you hear: Space Invaders!
Although, i think all of the 5 levels are alike, or?
I know piggz you are thinking about creating more levels, but are we going to have a boss at the end? or would You want to keep it simple?..
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-04-08 at 21:11.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Just got through the last fifth level...
Here are my impressions:
The flashing on shooting could be sometimes really annoying, especially when i go crazy and try to shoot every single time i touch the screen(btw, I think the ship should shoot a bit more frequently, say 1,5 times more). But some ppl like the flashing (i personally like to do it with my n900... The graphics are great, exacltly what you are expecting to see, when you hear: Space Invaders!
Although, i think all of the 5 levels are alike, or?
I know piggz you are thinking about creating more levels, but are we going to have a boss at the end? or would You want to keep it simple?..
Just my 2 cents.
Glad you guys like it!
I'll make the flashing configurable.
I did originally have it so you could fire as much as you liked, but i think the original had it limited to one at a time.
The current levels get harder in that the aliens speed up and drop more bombs, but i agree some more variation might be needed.

I now have the bunkers mostly implemented (just the damage to refine) so hopefully have a new version in the next day or so.

thanks for the game :-P

Last edited by AgogData; 2011-04-09 at 16:32.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
still with no screenshots or videos ? is it really that hard ?
whats that in the first post??

Added version 0.0.8 to the first post. This version has bunkers. There is a small delay when starting a level as it created the bunkers at runtime. There may be a small performance hit while playing also, but i will look to address this in the next version. I've also removed the artificial level limit and made it only flash when it actually fires.

Last edited by piggz; 2011-04-10 at 11:02. Reason: missed something

The Following User Says Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update. I have a request: to be able to play with the arrows instead of the accelerometer. This game is so coooool.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
still asking to send it to extra-testing or extra-devel repo

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
still asking to send it to extra-testing or extra-devel repo
Added to the TODO list on the first post

Just added version 0.0.9 with a settings window for Flash On Fire and use Accelerometer, enjoy!

Tags
may i invade, ye anytime sexy, your space?