Active Topics

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by zoneee View Post
@mattbutsko:
Power kernel v46 changelog states that u-boot has been disabled and bluetooth support has been added. Thats the only diff between 42 and 46, so I guess it should be identical to using 42.
You forgot to check the changelogs for v43, v44 and v45.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by zoneee View Post
I have been having exactly the same problems as you for the past 9 months. I would like to know before I actually reflash the eMMC, whether the problem has resurfaced again since your last post.
After reflashing both rootfs and emmc I haven't had the same instability any more for some weeks. I could shut off and turn on without the instability plaguing my device before. Everything went well since last Saturday.

At that time, I had a software crash of my n900, when the google reader app Grr with about 200 unread posts and several microb windows were opened together. The device got stuck and completely unresponsive, and I wasn't in the condition to ssh inside. My only chance was to shut it off. When on again, my optfs was clearly damaged, and the output of the autofsck started by kernel-power was lenghty and admitted, in the end, to be unable to recover the filesystem to the pristine condition.

Luckily, I was able to restore with Backupmenu, and from there on it seems stable again. Restoring the tarred image costed me 20 megabytes less in my rootfs, which is probably due to the fact that the flashed image is compressed more efficiently than the default compression of ubifs on the n900. I have 33 megabytes free, now, though and they seem to be enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: