Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sljonson View Post
Are you sure it a touch screen sound? By default, the vibrator will also activate upon every screen touch for haptic feedback. You can disable that under Settings -> Display -> Touch Screen Vibration.
That worked like a charn...the feedback sounds more like a critter...Thanks for the enlightenment...!!!

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by KiberGus View Post
You are going to find many more hidden bonuses. Try double clicking on text messages in chat to see time, when the were delivered and posted.
Interfase is sometimes non intuiteve, but if you know the trick you would like it.
Why the double click? I don't need to do that.

My problem is more awesomer than everybody else's!

The screen tap noise doesn't turn off *even in silent mode*.

Setting it off in the profile doesn't help either. Rebooting doesn't help: it comes up in silent mode with touch screen sounds set to off, but I still get the click. (Also, touch screen vibrate does nothing for me.)

Killing xmaemo-input-sounds "fixes" it.

If a bug was filed here, someone please point me to it so I can add my experience.

-Robin

Last edited by rlpowell; 2010-02-13 at 19:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to rlpowell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
well im getting a click sound when i press the top or bottom of screen even wih device turned off, the device is in brand new condition, but i think its either a poor quality build or its damaged inside the screen, strange cos im very gentle with it, ive also read about this elsewhere, it only goes away if i push the screen down on to the keyboard a the sides, i think the glass and the surrounding trim are the problem, but it is a very clear click sound,

hey, i too have this. I have owned my nokia n900 for 2 weeks now.

and a few days ago i dropped it on pavement when getting out of the car.

Since then i notice that the screen makes this clicking sound when i press on it. I must say i am not impressed.....
I was not sure if this was just from it falling or if it happened before, and i just didnt notice (i did a pretty good inspection after the fall)

I am also a bit disappointed overall in its ability to handle falling, although nothing seemed to break.. it really does not seem that sturdy anymore.

I had an Xperia x1 before this, and that was the toughest phone i have ever seen. Mine had falled on pavement probably 100+ times, and rolled down stone stairs, and even fell into a puddle 2 times. It still works GREAT!

i must say i have never used a phone that was built as well as the X1 since.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
even am facing the same problems , the sound really make me feel like the screen is broken frm inside...earlier i could hear the sound when i touch the status menu on the upper left but frm few days i can hear it when i touch the lower left... i think soon i will hear it all the screen...( is there any way....

if the phone is shutdown in silent mode it doesnt play the song upon reboot

Originally Posted by agatkao View Post
...slightly OT, but it also concerns the possibility to turn off sounds:

Is there a way to turn off the NOKIA hymn when booting up the device ?

I know there is a way to do this on the N97, but so far I didn't manage to find anything for the N900.

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

Tags
audio, configure, disable, feedback, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, screen, screen click, screen tap, silence, sound, tap, tap sound, turn off