I've done all sort of searches on WAN cards, Express cards and couldn't find a thing. So being a bit of a newb to this, logic would think that I can take my sprint merlin 720 card, plug it into a usb to express card adapter, and then plug it into the N800 via a host cable and I've got wireless all the time, no? Thinking I'd need a dual cable that I could plug into a portable power supply to sufficiently power the card. Since my Centro won't connect, and I don't want to carry my laptop, this seems like a relatively simple and effective solution to always have wireless connectivity.

Thoughts?

Last edited by dbpaddler; 2008-08-16 at 19:15.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Not sure if anyone's still watching this thread, but I'd like to point out that these adapters have been replaced by my new version; see this thread for details:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=23633

Thanks,
-Rob

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ New Orleans
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm glad to see that this has been such a well-received product! (I knew a few people were interested but the demand has been staggering!). I'm currently working to try and get some pricing and availability on some additional custom cables now that I have an idea of the sort of volumes that people are committing to.

In the meantime I'm looking for some more feedback on two product variations:
1) The current adapter bundled with a short (approx. 6") Mini USB extension cable. This will allow you to plug the cable into the N800, the adapter on the other end, and have yourself the same benefits as the adapter but with a bit more flexibility (and slightly safer for those who are worried about dropping the device/etc). I know ideally the cable would be mini B to Female A, but that has to be custom built (I have not found anyone who even knows of such a cable, let alone sells it) and I'm waiting to hear back from my cable manufacturer to see if it's possible and feasable). So in the mean time, anyone interested? Or does everyone think the adapter is fine and just wait to see if a full custom Mini B to Female A cable is possible?

2) Oh those poor N810 people! I'm going to open up another thread to see if there's interest from that side for something similar to the option I just mentioned above. While I'm hoping my custom cable manufacturer will be able to give me some reasonable options, the lead times (especially for Micro USB as it's extremely new and hard to find) may be quite long... so in the meantime: a bundle that includes a 6" Micro-USB to Mini-USB dongle along with one of the regular Mini-USB to Female A adapters. The other advantage to this would be that if you have both N800 and N810 you only need one adapter (just plug it into the N800, or plug it into the dongle with the N810). Opinions on that one can go either here or in the new thread.

Thanks!
-Rob
They have USB OTG cable adapters here:
https://serialio.com/store/product_i...roducts_id=456

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ironically, it is becoming easier to find OTG adapters for the N800 than it is to find N800s.

hi i have a n800 with 2008 v. 5.2 does this work correctly with this version? i bought an adapter just like in the pic, but it didnt work, is it possible that this is not the same due to the mod you speak of? since this thread is 2 years old can you give me an update? intens80@gmail.com, thnaks

Download Advanced Power Monitor from the Diablo Extras repository. It gives you options to switch between USB OTG and host as well as many other great options.