Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
After long gap, VICaR v0.6-1 released to extras-devel. Here is the change log.

* Added support for blank space in phone numbers.
* Added a default profile to be used if no matching profile is found for a number. This feature can be accessed via "Edit Default Profile" button in context menu.
* Removed the pause before the DTMF tone. This was hardcoded in previous releases. To add more delay before sending DTMF tone, add "p" (pause) characters in DTMF Prefix field as necessary.
* Minor UI changes in VICaR config screen (Button resize, label changes).

Screenshots below.
Attached Images

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
@activemind - Can you run this command, reproduce the error and send me the log file?

Code:
dbus-monitor --session > /home/user/MyDocs/dbus_log.txt
Hello,

I am also seeing this bug along with another. I am using Maemo v20.2010.36-2

Here is what I did:
- installed vicar 0.6-1 from extra-devel via the App Manager
- created a default profile
Code:
VICaR-Profiles -> Edit Default Profile
- Added 'Calling card number' and a 'DTMF tone prefix'

I tested vicar and it worked as hoped. I then decided to see what "Routing Enabled" did and noticed this deactived vicar. Upon trying to re-enable vicar I received the message "Unable to enable call routing"

I removed the default profile, added it again and tried to re-enable vicar but received the same error.

Next I decided to remove vicar and reinstall it. Uninstalling vicar worked fine, but upon installing it for a second time I received the error "Unable to install 'VICaR - Value International Call Router'". Oddly, the app is installed but is now missing its icon.

I tried to enable vicar again and got the same error -- Unable to enable call routing

Lastly here is the debug output you asked for in this post:
http://sprunge.us/JHBF

Last edited by steve___; 2011-03-04 at 21:02.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by steve___ View Post
Lastly here is the debug output you asked for in this post:
http://sprunge.us/JHBF
Thanks for taking time to test.

From the log file:
Code:
error sender=:1.5 -> dest=:1.546 error_name=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.InvalidArgument reply_serial=22
   string "Protocol tel not found"
Do you have the tel.profile in /usr/share/osso-rtcom folder?

P.S: I see this is your first post. Welcome to Maemo.org. Hope you have as much good time as I had.

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Thanks for taking time to test.
Ha, all the thanks goes to you for writing this app.

From the log file:
Code:
error sender=:1.5 -> dest=:1.546 error_name=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.InvalidArgument reply_serial=22
   string "Protocol tel not found"
Do you have the tel.profile in /usr/share/osso-rtcom folder?
Yes, here is the output of 'ls -l' -- http://pastebin.com/P5L5M6fm
I'm on IRC in #maemo if you want to debug realtime.

P.S: I see this is your first post. Welcome to Maemo.org. Hope you have as much good time as I had.
Hopefully you're still having them

Seems to be a known issue with telepathy mission control client. I found similar bugs here, here and here.

Just to make sure can you run this command.

/opt/vicar/vicar-utils INSTALL and paste the output.

For posterity, after speaking with scifi.guy on IRC a reboot and reinstall fixed my issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to steve___ For This Useful Post:
Back on the slow dialling issue - I notice that I can type the number on the keypad quite considerably faster than the DTMF tones get played. So that seems to imply there must be a way of producing shorter tones than 1 second.

Maybe one hack would be to fake the keystrokes?

Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
Back on the slow dialling issue - I notice that I can type the number on the keypad quite considerably faster than the DTMF tones get played. So that seems to imply there must be a way of producing shorter tones than 1 second.

Maybe one hack would be to fake the keystrokes?
Let me record the dbus log for manual keystrokes and see if there any difference in dbus commands that I am using now.

From the dbus session log it looks like dialer code is also using StartTone/StopTone. I tried this already.

Did you run any tests with that code? Any performance difference between the test script vs manual keystrokes?

It was also my impression from dbus logs that the keypad saw doing start/stop tones. I haven't tried your code but did write some shell scripts to do the dbus calls and I think you are right that they are no faster than the code currently in vicar. You can clearly hear that the tones are being sent at exactly one per second.

My not very scientific testing (hitting the keys as fast as I could) did manage to connect to my called number some 5 seconds faster (12 seconds into the call instead of 17). Plus you can hear (in the headset) that the tones are much shorter when you use the keypad.