Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
n.p. looks like you forgot to vote.
oh yeah! think i have now

update: I had a call from Nokia.

They suggested a Hard Reset.

Has anyone got any experience with doing these? The chap I spoke to said I would lose everything including data stored on the mass storage. So I guess there is no point using the phone to backup my contacts etc?

I would have to use Nokia Link, which is only in Beta for Windows XP.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
I think Nokia Link for XP has exit beta. I have 1.2.408.3448. But maybe i think wrong.

Do not forget to copy stock photos and videos (if you liked).

ok, well Im still not sure the mass storage needs deleting! I may just wait for PR1.3 then flash it with Nokia updater this will at least leave the mass storage alone, but delete where all the apps are stored and hopefully the issue! I'll try a backup anyway as it won't hurt!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
ok, well Im still not sure the mass storage needs deleting! I may just wait for PR1.3 then flash it with Nokia updater this will at least leave the mass storage alone, but delete where all the apps are stored and hopefully the issue! I'll try a backup anyway as it won't hurt!
Just keep bugging the devs intermittently in the ticket.
They'll take forever, but they'll eventually respond...
It's an assigned issue so they'll prolly want some more info from you.

not heard anything yet! wanting to reflash my phone with same firmware rather than the hard reset but Nokia updater dosesnt allow this any more! Not entirely keen on the unoffical flashing methods!

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
update: I had a call from Nokia.

They suggested a Hard Reset.

Has anyone got any experience with doing these? The chap I spoke to said I would lose everything including data stored on the mass storage. So I guess there is no point using the phone to backup my contacts etc?

I would have to use Nokia Link, which is only in Beta for Windows XP.
I tried a hard reset last month and it made it worse. Now I have more "arrowdown" icons. So I wouldn't suggest that.

thanks for that! i'll avoid that then! it's weird as it only affects apps installed after PR1.2. As i did an over the air update the apps i had were not removed as they are with a nokia updater firmware flash!

..., but I'm not keen on using third party flashers and the Nokia updater software will not reflash the current firmware like you could on the older phones i.e. on the N900 you could connect up and reinstall the firmware you were running!
The flasher I used came from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php . As the 2nd-level-domain is "nokia", I assumed, it was NOT third party!?

looks like others are having the same issue, I don't foresee this getting fixed

http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=566