Closed Thread
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I know, fortunately we're losing lots of good, knowledgeable users and having them replaced by trolls and people who know nothing spouting off and echoing any sort of anti-Nokia, anti-N900, anti-MeeGo, anti-Community message they can find.
Don't get me wrong, I look up to him as a contributing member of this community... but it takes a cool headed speaker to carry out a mod's job. It ain't easy.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Don't get me wrong, I look up to him as a contributing member of this community... but it takes a cool headed speaker to carry out a mod's job. It ain't easy.
I suppose. I wish a broader swath was cut through most of the posts here. Half of this crap is aimed at Nokia and has nothing to do with maemo.org, the rest is purely to incite flamewars.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I know, fortunately we're losing lots of good, knowledgeable users and having them replaced by trolls and people who know nothing spouting off and echoing any sort of anti-Nokia, anti-N900, anti-MeeGo, anti-Community message they can find.
Same thing happened in forums with Android and the G1. New OS, users who had no clue, endless deluge of complaints about "not enough apps, won't do this, won't do that, the iPhone does, no support, HTC sucks, T-Mobile sucks, I'm tossing it and gettin' (insert here) wasted my money. we're beta testers" etc. etc. It was kinda ugly. Trolls badly outnumbered reasonable users for quite a while.

But once Android got traction the apps came, the OS itself got updates and improved, the choice of phones increased, users got the hang of Android and the noise level has apparently gone down considerably. Took over a year before it got better, but it did.

Same thing will happen with Maemo/MeeGo. Qt 4.6 is out now so apps will come, the OS is getting updates and improving and with MeeGo there will be more than one phone available, users will get the hang of it and the noise level will go down.

Just have to have the patience to let it all work out.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2010-05-29 at 15:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Meego maybe but what about all the pissed off people who got the N900. What about us?

Originally Posted by ugot1newmail View Post
Meego maybe but what about all the pissed off people who got the N900. What about us?
Hmm. Sell your device and go away?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to convulted For This Useful Post:
It's like a broken record, the same remarks get repeated and the same 'answers' offered in return....
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
But MeeGo isn't out yet. A MeeGo phone will be annouced this year but will definitely not be out this year. By the time the MeeGo phone is out, the n900 will be about a year old.

The goal has always been MeeGo or at least Harmattan. The n900 is supposed to be the base for MeeGo development. Therefore all apps built in Qt for MeeGo should work unless there are particular hardware requirements.

How is the n900 being forgotten when it is needed for MeeGo?

It's like a broken record, the same remarks get repeated and the same 'answers' offered in return....
You might have been referring to my reply. (In case you weren't -- sorry for misunderstanding you!) Whether or not I am happy with my N900 is immaterial. If I bought something that didn't work well for me then I could either return it/sell it or shut up. Whining about it doesn't help anyone, least of all me.

The Following User Says Thank You to convulted For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
You might have been referring to my reply. (In case you weren't -- sorry for misunderstanding you!) Whether or not I am happy with my N900 is immaterial. If I bought something that didn't work well for me then I could either return it/sell it or shut up. Whining about it doesn't help anyone, least of all me.
I completely agree with the logic...

I completely agree with the logic...
Of course, my reply could also be a side-effect of growing old

Closed Thread

Tags
epic lulz, forum, moderation, op is a gerbil, policy, practice