Notices

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Humm strange. Mine is disabled too. When you synchronize manually, does your phone connect automatically or you have to select a connection ?
It connects automatically. RSS desktop widget seems to update fine too, it's just the email app.

Then it's connecting automatically

@Calvin : What did u set for "search interval" ? "never" too ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Yep "never" too. I don't want to be connected automatically as soon as my phone find a Wifi spot. I just want it to be connected when asked.

Sorry guys, I don't know why your phone doesn't connect.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Yep "never" too. I don't want to be connected automatically as soon as my phone find a Wifi spot. I just want it to be connected when asked.

Sorry guys, I don't know why your phone doesn't connect.
How often are you updating MFE ? Are you using any other app e.g., RSS Widget with the same sync schedule ? I've RSS reader set to update every 1 hr and MFE every 30 mins. Every time RSS reader initiates the connection, MFE will also sync.

That's sad :/ Would be a big help if that would work
But thx anyway, great app !

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by phedders View Post
Any chance to add an option "disable when plugged in" ?
I vote for this feature too.

Calvin, great app. I was ready to sell my n900 because of the battery life, now I can get a whole workday off the phone (eveny with my non-nokia/cheap 2nd battery).

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
This seems to be a great app!
I would like some suggestions on how I should configure my device.
MFE is set always on during the days (from 7-18) and after that MFE is set to sync only manually.

I just reset my dataplan and set everything up like a weekday. when a mail arrived it was synchronized as it should.
When the criterias for disconnect was fullfilled it got disconnected correctly. After that no more mail/calendar is synced.

I have monitored the bandwith used, and the device consumes 0 bytes in 10 minutes with sync set to always on.
But I guess that there would be more bandwith used when moving and the device switches to another cell in the network.

Any advice how I should configure?

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I would wish that one has the possibility to adjust for each weekday time periods in which the program will not be active. Thus one can determine, for example, for certain dates that the data connection is not disabled even though it is not used. So you do not disable the program must always manually.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
What a great app, thanks!

I have a couple of (maybe stupid) questions!

1) When the notification says that it is "enabled for wlan" (for example) does that mean that it is currently watching that connection to see when to disconnect it? - thats the stupid question.

2) Im not too sure what a good value for the max idle traffic is, ive currently got it at the default 512 - what has everyone else got? (i know this differs for everyone depending on their setup and what you have connecting etc, but just out of interest)

3) Is it possible for the notifications to not wake it up if the screen is off, to save more battery?

Props on the excellent work though mate.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
That's sad :/ Would be a big help if that would work
But thx anyway, great app !
Hum.. That's strange. MFE doesn't connect automatically. I don't know why. I had to set "Search Interval" option in order for it to connect.

I don't know why it doesn't work anymore...