Active Topics

Sorry last post, what version of Ubiboot should i be using in ubiboot2 folder?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@traysh

i just checked and found preinit_harmattan is not execute too, now I chmod +x it and it is excuted same as preinit_nitdroid and preinit.

Will try flash ubiboot see whether will be fixed or not tonight

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Code:
# ls -l sbin/preinit*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10661 Set  7  2011 sbin/preinit
-rw-r--r-- 1 1010 1010 10661 Out  4 01:25 sbin/preinit_harmattan
-rwxr-xr-x 1 1010 5001  5752 Fev 28  2013 sbin/preinit_nitdroid
Please fix preinits.tar!
OMG you are correct in this, I just checked it and for some reason the Harmattan preinit in nonexecutable.
I am very sorry about this, I'll correct it immediately.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Now I would like to edit the "info" menu option, can someone point me to a post/document/readme that show me the way?
See the section "Configuration and personification" in the README document.

What you need is animation toolkit source, the latest is animatronics_01112013.tar in the /source/ directory of ubiboot repository.
You need a Linux computer, where you extract that tarball.
  • The info text is in file "imagebase/ownerpanel.png", so you need to create a 400x400 sized panel of your choosing, with Gimp or whatever you prefer and replace that image with your custom panel.
  • Then, run the script ./create_animations.sh which will build the animation sequences and support files for you. The result is a tarball called "animatronics.tar" in the same directory.
  • Next, run the script ./pack_cpio.sh --create animatronics.tar which will create an archive called "ubiboot-02.menus.cpio" in the same directory.
  • Copy the CPIO into your ubiboot config directory on the device, and check that the name you give it matches the configuration key G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE in your ubiboot.conf.

Now your new info panel will show up in the menu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
I have never removed the openboot warning, could that be a reason why i can not boot any kernel? i am back to the openboot kernel and really want to get this working, I am not sure why nothing will boot
It should not make a difference AFAIK, the only problem with the Open Mode Warning is that booting takes longer as the device stops for a while to show up the warning.

I do belive however that the reason you cannot boot correctly is because you have some Aegis conflict, caused by signing keys not been created correctly for Open Mode (see this posting for example: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=656)

To get rid of the Open Mode warning and Aegis conflicts, you should do the following:
  • back up your device, as this is going to erase data on it
  • get the correct emmc.bin and firmware.bin for your device variant
  • flash device to closed mode
  • activate developer mode to get console
  • give command disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode as user to get rid of the Open Mode Warning
  • do the back-to-back closedmode/openmode flashing to get to open mode with correct Aegis keys created.
    (Note that is is not enough just to flash open mode directly, your keys have been already created and you will get the same Aegis problems as before...)
  • set up your kernels
  • set up your ubiboot config files
  • flash ubiboot kernel

Originally Posted by plourde View Post
Sorry last post, what version of Ubiboot should i be using in ubiboot2 folder?
The latest is ver. 0.3.5

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
i just checked and found preinit_harmattan is not execute too, now I chmod +x it and it is excuted same as preinit_nitdroid and preinit.

Will try flash ubiboot see whether will be fixed or not tonight
I have corrected that to the preinits.tar file now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
OMG you are correct in this, I just checked it and for some reason the Harmattan preinit in nonexecutable.
I am very sorry about this, I'll correct it immediately.
To juiceme's honor:
it seems I am the bad guy here.
I sent original harmattan preinit to juiceme via e-mail, but it took a short stop on MyDocs (vfat) for attaching to mail. This for sure removed all user rights from that file. As juiceme is only used to Linux, he did not check it once more before taring?
So my bad (should have zipped from ext drive). I do apologize!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
To juiceme's honor:
it seems I am the bad guy here.
I sent original harmattan preinit to juiceme via e-mail, but it took a short stop on MyDocs (vfat) for attaching to mail. This for sure removed all user rights from that file. As juiceme is only used to Linux, he did not check it once more before taring?
So my bad (should have zipped from ext drive). I do apologize!
True enough, however hopefully the worst that happeded was some extra work and frustration
PS as a bonus added also preinit_firefox to the tarball...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
PS as a bonus added also preinit_firefox to the tarball...
Huh!
Going to check against my self-made one .....

--
Okay, looks pretty much the same.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-11-01 at 09:14.