Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hello,
I'm having Bluetooth issues, quite a few.

I have 4 Headsets, all Jawbones. The Original, Jawbone 2, and Jawbone Prime, and now the Icon. So this covers a number of years of Jawbone devices and Bluetooth technologies. When I use any of them with the N900, the audio is very choppy, pretty much highly irritating at best and unusable at worst. Use of anything audio-wise without the headset is perfect.

There is no difference in the impairment of the Jawbones, they all work the same, poorly with the N900. The work great with every other phone and computer I've used them with.

The fact that Nokia had issues with their own Bluetooth headset that they offered with the N900 initially suggests possible Bluetooth issues besides my own.

I thought it may be an app, so I deleted almost all of them, with no changes. So I thought well maybe a remnant or a program I couldn't see still running, or a lib goof. So I flashed the eMMC and FW and started over from scratch. I used the Bluetooth on the virgin system and same problems.

I also get issues trying to Pair and find my MacBook pro. The pairing with the jawbone prime is kinda buggy in that when It does the initial pairing, the only way to get out of the Bluetooth dialog is to reset the N900. The other two headsets work fine RE: pairing.

So, anybody else getting bad performance out of their Bluetooth headsets?

If you are please post what Headset you are using and the problems

If you are not, please post what headset you are using and how you would rate the performance.

Last edited by les_garten; 2010-05-29 at 15:39.

My N900 had bluetooth issues (as well as a few other problems), It ha problems with 2 headsets and my car kit. Connects for a short while and then disconnects and then I'm not able to connect at all without a reboot.

I've been quite busy of late and haven't been able to investigate further.

Originally Posted by maemoexperts View Post
My N900 had bluetooth issues (as well as a few other problems), It ha problems with 2 headsets and my car kit. Connects for a short while and then disconnects and then I'm not able to connect at all without a reboot.

I've been quite busy of late and haven't been able to investigate further.
2 different Headsets?

BH-903 no problems, audio comprable to N97 and E71
BH-804 no problems, audio comprable to N97 and E71

Broadcom Bluetooth on HP, Win 7 No problems
Thinkpad T60 XPpro, could not do auto setup only supports File transfer,OPS and audio gateway

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

Bluetooth stack enhancements will be released in the next firmware from what I have read. Just hang in there.

I'm using a Nokia BH-216, If the n900 is not connected to wifi the sound quality is decent, if connected to wifi but no active transfers, is somewhat choppy, making a SIP call over wifi is nearly unusable because of bluetooth choppiness.

Making a SIP call on the n900 over 3g has decent sound quality.

On my n800 I can make SIP calls over wifi using bluetooth headset with decent sound quality.

/me thinks the n900's wifi might be causing interference with the bluetooth. If that is the case is it something which is a hardware limitation, or can the situation be improved through the software?

Originally Posted by OhSnap View Post
Bluetooth stack enhancements will be released in the next firmware from what I have read. Just hang in there.
That's good news. Can you elaborate about the extent of the issues out there? Do you think this can be fixed with Software?

I can't believe that Bluetooth would not be ironed out better than this! It's kind of essential for phones! I have an expensive BT adapter and had a custom earpiece made for it. So I've got about $200 tied up in this earpiece that is unusable.

Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
I'm using a Nokia BH-216, If the n900 is not connected to wifi the sound quality is decent, if connected to wifi but no active transfers, is somewhat choppy, making a SIP call over wifi is nearly unusable because of bluetooth choppiness.

Making a SIP call on the n900 over 3g has decent sound quality.

On my n800 I can make SIP calls over wifi using bluetooth headset with decent sound quality.

/me thinks the n900's wifi might be causing interference with the bluetooth. If that is the case is it something which is a hardware limitation, or can the situation be improved through the software?
This is exactly what I have noticed. It is still choppy with the WiFi off but not quite as bad.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denver, CO USA
I'm using both Jabra BT8040 and SE HBH DS-205. Both of them keep randomly disconnecting from the phone.

Also, in the call it says its through the headset but its in the phone.

Next, the phone doesn't ring when its connected, it rings only on the headset. How crazy is this?

I came here to check if I'm missing something very silly like a setting change here and there.

Both of these work perfectly with my other phones and laptops.

Last edited by eyn; 2009-12-04 at 16:42.

Originally Posted by eyn View Post
I'm using both Jabra BT8040 and SE HBH DS-205. Both of them keep randomly disconnecting from the phone.

Also, in the call it says its through the headset but its in the phone.

Next, the phone doesn't ring when its connected, it rings only on the headset. How crazy is this?

I came here to check if I'm missing something very silly like a setting change here and there.

Both of these work perfectly with my other phones and laptops.
The turning the speakers off for everything when Bluetooth is connected is stupid for sure. Makes Bluetooth almost unusable for me as well.

I don't believe there are any settings that will fix this.

This may be the genesis for some of the release delays. They HAD to have known about this stuff because they pulled their own BT Headset from the promo deal, kinda embarrassing if you ask me.